Lagoon 450 F For Sale $650K
by Patrick Hayes
SORRY, NOW SOLD!
We are selling our 2014 Lagoon 450 Fly bridge catamaran sailboat 'Chapter Two'
. After 6 months of upgrades in January of 2015 we set sail with Jimmy Cornell's Blue Planet Odyssey, sailing across the South Pacific in 2015. In 2016 we reached Thailand. We thoroughly enjoyed our adventures chronicled at www.chaptertwosailing.com However, progressive sea sickness led us to halt our circumnavigation plans and we decided to ship the boat back to the US on Sevenstar in August 2017.
After cruising Florida, Cuba, and the US east coast we have decided to put her up for sale. Currently she is berthed in Annapolis. We have ordered a new powercat to be delivered next fall which will allow us to cruise the coast and Bahamas.'Chapter Two'
is 45 ft long and 26 ft beam with 4.3 ft draft. Her mast is 78 ft high. She is extremely well equipped for "blue water" cruising. This is an owners version with 3 cabins and crew cabins (2) one in each fore peak. The Starboard hull is dedicated to the owners. We added cabinets and a sewing desk with an electric lift for the sailrite sewing machine.
The boat is fiberglass with Flexi teak installed on the aft 2/3 of the deck surface, including the fly bridge area. We upgraded the power system to one 240V 50 amp shore connection. Standard equipment includes the 13.5kw Generator, 4 240 V Air conditioning units, 240V hot water heater, a transformer, 54 hp Yanmar engines, Walker Bay center console Dinghy with 20 hp Honda electric tilt engine.
We upgraded the boat for our ocean voyage in 2014 and have meticulously maintained her since. Micron bottom paint, consistent oil changes, impeller changes, fuel filter changes, etc.
In August 2017 we had the fuel tanks professionally polished and cleaned of debris, both engines and the generator mixing elbows were replaced, watermaker feed pumps were replaced, both bilge pumps were replaced along with their USS safety systems float switches. We also added 6 new fire extinguishers. We changed out the Engine start batteries as well as the generator start battery.
The boat has been Coast Guard inspected and passed in September 2017.
The list below is additional equipment we installed since 2014:
- Mastervolt LiFePo batteries, 1500 Amps (3 500 amp batteries);
- Mastervolt Chargers, 400 Amps (2 100 amp, plus 200 amp combi inverter charger);
- Solar panels, walk on, 1150 watts with 2 outback controllers;
- Installed a transformer for international shore power (190V, 208V, 220V, 240V) and isolation;
- Filter Boss dual racor fuel polishing system installed;
- Electromax alternators on engines, 210 Amp each charging house batteries;
- B&G Electronics, AIS, 4G radar, wireless remote access;
- 2 VHF radios, SSB radio, Iridium Go with external antenna;
- Wifi extender/router;
- Refrigerator, Freezer, plus 3 additional fridge or freezers;
- Spectra watermaker Cape Horn 350 with Z-ion filter;
- Hardtop installed and enclosed over Helm;
- Code 0;
- All new lines in 2017, Halyards and Sheets;
- Numerous spare parts for engines, generator, air conditioners, etc;
- Max Props are installed to fold flat while under sail.