Malo 50 for Sale
The Malo 50, a 37' Bluewater Cruiser - Ready to Sail!
The Build Quality of this 1975 Malo 50 speaks for itself. This Swedish Crafted Sailing Cruiser is more than capable of handling Long-distances in Safety, Comfort and Style.
The Deep and Spacious Central Cockpit made in Exquisite Teak with a Hardtop makes you feel very Protected. The Aft Cabin is Perfect to rest during Long Navigations or To Invite your Friends over.
The Deck Provides an Easy Passage and her Full Keel makes her Sail Smoothly. The position of the main sheet traveller keeps the cockpit uncluttered, whilst the chart plotter display is easily visible from the helm position. She can easily be Single Handed and She has an excellent charging capacity through a combination of Solar Panels and a Wind generator.
The Cozy and Warm Wood Interior is divided into two Cabins. They are separated by the cockpit which gives privacy. Both with Twin or Double Beds. The Comfy Saloon could also be converted into a Large Double Berth if needed There is one extra Berth.
The Galley is Practical and Spacious with Fresh and Sea Water Installations. There is Extensive Storage space available around the whole Boat which is very Convenient.
Pleasing to the eye, she feels and looks bigger than she is.
Meticulously Maintained she has lot of Improvements and Upgrades like a Watermaker , Bowthruster, Wind generator etc. (See full specs below).
She is indeed a Comfortable Bluewater Cruising Sailboat.
Her Elegance and Beauty will make you feel in love from the very first moment you step aboard!
Malo 50 Specification:
Hull Type: Long fin keel with skeg-hung rudder
Rigging Type: Masthead sloop
Length Overall: 40'4" (36'5" without bowsprit)
Waterline Length: 29'6"
Construction: GRP (Fibreglass)
Ballast Type: Iron
Built by: Maló Yachts (Sweden)
Designed by: Olsöners Båtbyggen
First Built: 1969
Last Built: 1980
Number Built: 140
Malo 50 Design Ratios:
Sail Area/Displacement: 16
Comfort Ratio: 31.9
Capsize Screening Formula: 1.6
Sailboat-Cruising.com asks: Need some guidance with all aspects (including those mysterious but all-revealing Design Ratios) of buying a secondhand boat? If so, you may want to take a look at our Boat Buyer's Bundle...
More info about this particular boat:
- Last Haul-out October 2018: Full Osmosis Treatment, New Spray Paint Hull, Varnish, Anti-fouling, Teak Cockpit Joints etc;
- Rigging January 2019;
- Sails: Genova 2016 Quantum, Full Batten Main and LazyBag Sunbrella 2017;
- Profurl Furling;
- Engine Yanmar 4JH3TE 75HP Accessible from the Top and Front, 3400hrs;
- Bowthruster Sidewave;
- Windlass Maxwell 1200w;
- New Chain 70Mts 8mm January 2019;
- Anchors: Manson 20kg, Danfort 10kg, Fortress;
- Blue Sky Solar Controller and Victron Solar Controller 2 Separate Systems;
- Solar Panels 250w and 150w;
- Wind-generator 400w;
- Battery Charger Sterling Power 20 Amps;
- 440ah Bank Battery Deep Cycle (Service)/Engine Battery 110ah /Bowthruster Windlass Battery 220ah;
- 1500w Inverter 220v;
- Autopilot Raymarine Hydraulic;
- Plotter Garmin GPSmap 620 All Caribbean Charts;
- Radio VHF with AIS Lowrance (Linked to the Plotter);
- Sensor and Display for Depth Sounder and Speed Rymarine;
- Emergency Tiller;
- Radar Reflector;
- Led Lighting;
- 2 Water Stainless Tanks Total 250lts;
- 1 Diesel Stainless Tank 150lts Cleaned and Inspection Hatch added 2018;
- Vetus Portlights 2017;
- Water Maker 30lts/hs Consummation 10amps 12v;
- Electric Pump for Fresh Water and Foot Pump for Salt Water, Galley;
- Fridge Keelcool Frigoboat;
- Stove Oven;
- Flat Screen TV;
- Stereo USB Bluetooth Radio;
- Hot Water when Engine Runs;
- Tailor-made Carpets;
- Stern Swimming Platform;
- Heating Pre-Installation.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Jul 04, 22 10:29 AM
'Stormalong', a steel-hulled go-anywhere Van de Stadt Caribbean 40 sailboat is for sale
Jul 01, 22 03:18 AM
Interested in the Tartan 34 sailboat? Here are the pics, specs and performance predictions you're looking for...
Jun 29, 22 02:45 PM
'Endeavour' is a very special Tartan 34C, as you will see from the cutter rig modification, Ratcliffe wind vane auxiliary rudder self-steering, SSB radio, radar, and more.