‘Merrimist’, an Ericson 38-200 for sale
Price slashed from 'Merrimist', a 1986 shoal draft Ericson 38 is a Great Liveaboard, Weekender or World Cruiser - your choice!'Merrimist'
$50,000 to $38,000.
Owner Now Very Keen to Sell!
is an exceptionally well built, suitably equipped performance cruising sailboat capable of fast, safe offshore passages in a wide range of conditions. Her innovative cabin, layout, and systems are optimized for shorthanded offshore cruising in comfort and safety.
A lot of systems have been replaced, installed new, or upgraded between 2016 and today making 'Merrimist'
one of the best value for money sailboats in her range.
Ericson 38-200s were considered premium yachts in their day and it still shows today.
The mast is keel stepped on the Tri-Axial Force Grid.'Merrimist'
is 'turnkey' ready to live aboard, day/weekends or sail with family/friends, both socially ona weekend for fun raft-ups, Wednesday evenings summer series racing round the cans, or sail off to further adventures in the Caribbean
and/or round around the world.
Whatever your desire, 'Merrimist'
is capable and will not disappoint.'Merrimist'
has had more than 10k in upgrades over the last 30 months.
The owner would be happy to assist or sail the boat to east coast of USA for an American buyer.
- LOA: 38’ (11.6m);
- Beam:12’ (3.7m);
- Draft: 5’6” - Shoal draft wing keel;
- Displacement: 15,500lbs (7031kg) 6.5’ (2m);
- Hull Material: GRP (fiberglass);
- Water Capacity: 3 x Stainless Steel tanks, total 97USG (367lts) via FW water manifold;
- Fuel Capacity: Stainless Steel tank, 56gal (212L);
- Engine: Universal 5432 (M40) engine serviced annually, runs well, 32hp at 2800 RPM. Engine fluids and zinc changed Aug 2018. Spare parts include a fuel pump, zincs, belts, all filters, water pump, hoses and more;
- MaxProp Easy 3-blade feathering Propeller;
- Battery Charger: original good working order;
- Inverter: Maxx SST 1000W;
- Battery Monitor: GoPower;
- Solar Controller: 30Amp PWM Solar Controller;
- Solar Panel: 100 watts flexible panel, NEW flex panel Jan 2019;
- House batteries inspected and watered on regular basis;
- AC outlets are GFCI protected and located throughout the cabin. Hull: Solid GRP;
- Berths: Sleeps7, 4 comfortably. Forward “V berth double”, main saloon/cabin, dining table drops to make large comfortable double, large aft 'quarter berth double'. One sea berth on the starboard side in the saloon;
- Entertaiment: 24” Smart TV NEW 2018. JVC am/fm/cd. Speakers - stereo main saloon new 2017, cockpit new 2016;
- Ventilation: 2 opening hatches & 10 opening ports-8 new Lewmar lens 2018, main salon 2 dorades;
- Salt and freshwater foot pumps in galley, NEW 2017;
- Two basin stainless-steel sink in galley;
- LED lighting throughout cabin;
- Dedicated shower with standing room with seat, hot and cold pressure, 6 gal hot water heater;
- Jabsco manual pump head with 25gal (94.6L) holding tank;
- Speakers in cabin & marine grade waterproof speakers in cockpit NEW 2017;
- Chartplotter at helm fitted-serviced March 2019;
- Redundant GPSs: Garmin handheld GPS78SC;
- Raymarine S4000+ Autopilot with radial drive. NEW 2017 belt drive. Edson 40” Destroyer wheel;
- VHF Radio: Standard Horizon;
- Spinnaker: 0.75oz Very Good condition - custom made sock and all control lines, tack line, block, sheets all NEW 2017;
- 150% Genoa" in Good condition;
- Anchor: Manson Supreme (Lloyds Approved) SUP35 Galvanized Anchor 35lbs;
- NEW Custom made Sunbrella sunshades, consist of 2 pieces with 12” side drops for - foredeck, mast forward and mast to backstay 2019, create through draft and reduce interior temp by up to 10 deg in the summer, rain protection allow hatches to be be open for ventilation;
- Removable Sunbrella shade connects to backstay and dodger to cover cockpit;
- NEW 2017 cockpit handheld shower/washdown;
- Shureflo pressure pump;
- Edson deluxe leather wheel cover with custom with Sunbrella cover;
- Forespar whisker pole 12’, extends to 18’;
- Spinnaker pole, dedicated brackets on foredeck staunchions - brackets NEW 2018;
- Magma 12” bbq pulpit mounted in good condition. Edson outboard motor mount and Walker Bay 8’ with oars - available, negotiable;
- Spare Parts: too many to list include;
- Two saloon table options;
- Cockpit table, equipment manuals;
- Vessel most recently hauled Aug 2018, new zincs fitted on shaft and Maxiprop. Underwater hull sanded Aug2018. Two coats of barrier applied then three coats of Seahawk Cucote bottom paint applied Aug 2018;
- Engine & gearbox serviced, NEW oil & fuel filters fitted, spare filters onboard. Raw water pump overhauled, seals impeller replaced, pump fitted as NEW;
- Head pump overhauled, NEW seals fitted 2017;
- NEW batteries 2019;
- LED lighting fitted throughout interior 2017;
- NEW auto-pilot drive belt fitted;
- New anchor, chain and rode and windex fitted 2017;
- NEW freshwater pressure pump fitted 2016;
- NEW freshwater cockpit shower/wash down pump installed 2017;
- Engine access panels-sound insulation NEW 2017.
Owners personal items are excluded from this sale and may include items shown in online videos or images.
$50,000 $45,000 now reduced to $38,000!