'Namaste', a Bavaria 40 Sailboat for Sale
'Namaste' at Anchor
''Namaste'' is a 2001 Bavaria 40, currently located in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.'Namaste'
is meticulously cared for by a German engineer and yachtsman. She is an excellent example of an open ocean rated vessel with versatile sailing characteristics and comfortable accommodations. 'Namaste'
represents an exceptional value for a sailor looking for a distinctive, safe, and powerful performance sailing vessel.
Whether you want to go on a relaxing holiday cruise with your family, take a short break with friends or just spend a few days alone as a couple – this Bavaria 40 welcomes you to a whole lot of fun. The Bavaria 40 was designed for sailors with sporty ambitions. She is for the owner who would like to compete in regattas and championships – and wants to be out there with the front runners without compromising on comfort.
The Bavaria 40 racer/cruiser was built in Germany to strict Germanischer Lloyds's specifications. The hull is solid fiberglass below the waterline with a Kevlar reinforced bow shield. The hull centerline carries extra laminate layers and the keel flange is also reinforced. This Bavaria 40 incorporates high quality European deck hardware and fitting. Dimensions
LOA: 40 ft 9 in
LWL: 37 ft 7 in
Beam: 13 ft 1 in
Max Draft: 6 ft 4 in
Total: 790 ft²
Ballast: 5940 lb
Displacement: 17420 lb
Number of berths: 5
Number of Cabins: 2
Number of Heads: 2Design Ratios:
Sail Area/Displacement: 18.9
Comfort Ratio: 23.7
Capsize Screening Formula: 2.0
Sailboat-Cruising.com asks: Need some guidance with all aspects (including those mysterious but all-revealing Design Ratios) of buying a secondhand boat? If so, click here...Engine
Engine Make: Volvo Engine
Primary Engines: Inboard
Drive Type: Sail Drive
Power: 29 hp
Volvo 29hp MD2030Tankage
Fuel Tanks Capacity: 40 gal
Fresh Water Tanks Capacity: 80 gal
Holding Tanks #: 2Accommodations
The Forward Cabin features a V-berth. To port is a large double hanging locker, full-length shelf, and a functional dressing seat. To starboard is an additional full-length shelf and additional locker. The private forward head is to starboard with shower, vanity with sink and storage lockers. Ventilation to the forward cabin is supplied by three opening hatches.
The Main Salon tastefully incorporates a U-shaped dinette to starboard and two seats separated by a gaming table to port. There is ample storage and bookshelves throughout the cabin.
Dinette to starboard Individual seats to port
The three opening overhead hatches and four opening port light make the Main Salon bright and airy and provide excellent ventilation. The Navigation Station with large chart table is to starboard.
The C-shaped Galley to port features a two-burner propane stove with oven, microwave oven, new 12V refrigeration (2020) and twin stainless-steel sinks. There are ample lockers and drawers for storage and enough counter space to prepare proper meals.
The large Aft Head is to port at the base of the companion way stairs. This allows quick access for sailors to change out of wet foul weather without dripping water though out the salon.
Companionway with head to port and aft cabin to starboard
The head features a wet locker, shower area, vanity with sink, storage lockers and overhead hatch. The Aft Cabin to starboard has an oversized double berth, double hanging locker and full-length shelf.
Two opening port lights and an overhead opening hatch provide cross ventilation. Below deck, the high-quality finishes and German engineering create a livable, comfortable, and useable space.Electronics
- Raymarine C80 Chart plotter with new Navionics Chart update from 2020;
- Raymarine Radar;
- Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot with wired remote at the Navigation station and wireless control;
- Raymarine Tridata Depth, Speed, Trip;
- Raymarine ST60 Wind instrument;
- Horizon Intrepid VHF with additional Mic Controller at the pedestal;
- Xantrex Battery Charger/Inverter;
- Link Battery Monitor;
- Fushion Audio System with 460W RMS, 4-Channel MClass Series Amplifier, Bluetooth, DVD and TV.
Control PanelSails and Rigging
- Set up for single handing with all control lines leading to the cockpit;
- Double spreader Seldon mast;
- Harken roller furling;
- Adjustable backstay;
- Fully battened cruising mainsail with Mack Pack;
- Mylar performance mainsail;
- 140% furling genoa;
- Light Air #1 composite furling genoa;
- #3 Dacron jib (Blade);
- Spinnaker with all gear;
- Carbon spinnaker pole;
- Asymmetrical cruising spinnaker with snuffer;
- Harken winches;
- 40ST on the mast;
- 2 40ST cabin top;
- 2 48ST primary;
- 2 44ST secondary;
- Rutgerson adjustable traveller;
- Rigid boom vang;
- Cabin top jib tracks;
- Inboard genoa tracks.
Asymmetrical cruising spinnaker with snuffer Fully battened cruising mainsail with Mack Pack CockpitAdditional Information
Recent updates (2020/2021)
- Custom fitted cotton sheets for berths;
- Elk hide covered wheel;
- Anchor windlass with dual controls;
- 1 plow anchor with 50ft of chain and 150 rope and 1 fluke backup anchor;
- Flexible solar panel;
- Gas barbeque;
- Full cockpit enclosure;
- Pedestal cover;
- Self-climbing bosun’s chair;
- 4 large fenders;
- Full, fitted boat winter storage tarp;
- West Marine electric drill and toolbox;
- 30Amp power cord.
- 6 new 6-Volt batteries, 705 Ah of capacity;
- new Balmar 621-120-J10 alternator with serpentine belt, temperature monitor for alternator and batteries;
- new fuel gauge sending unit;
- Pettit Bottom Paint;
- Seacock replaced;
- EPIRB battery replaced;
- Anker wash down pump;
- Stanchions re-bedded with new hardware;
- LED lights cabin and navigation;
- spare 10lbs propane tank;
- new 2200 Gph bilge pump;
- Engine rebuilt, water pump and new impeller;
- New upper and lower rudder bearing;
- Frigoboat refrigerator system with smart speed control and digital thermostat.