'Random', a Ranger 33 Sailboat for Sale
by Jan Ramquist
(Belhaven, NC USA)
'Random', is a 1976 Ranger 33 Masthead Sloop Cruiser/Racer. 'Random'
'Random' draws 5 feet and 2 inches and is currently docked in Jordan Creek, six miles south of Belhaven off the ICW, Pungo River near Bath.
Shown by appointment.
Sea trial is available upon determination of serious interest in purchase.
's first home was Lake Erie. I bought her in 1995 and have sailed off North Carolina intercoastal waters Albemarle and Pamilco Sounds. I am selling because I am aging out of sailing.
Rangers were designed for racing and capable of nine knots, steers great in light or heavy winds. 'Random'
often places in the top three in amateur races. Owners are aging out of sailing. 'Random'
has many good years left, and comes complete with the usual equipment and spare parts. Details:
- Atomic Four 30hr virtually rebuilt, (Inboard 4 Stroke Gas) excellent condition;
- Electric starter for engine;
- Ablative bottom paint two years old, and cleaned quarterly by a diver;
- Portable air conditioner;
- Head two years old with Septic Tank;
- 2 sinks;
- Stove removed, custom cabinetry for storage;
- Cabinet doors for easy access to head seacock;
- Refrigeration replaced 7 years ago;
- Water Tank 21 gals;
- Fuel 21 gals;
- Sleeps six if so configured, currently the quarter berth is used for sail storage and Air conditioning;
- Water heater, currently unhooked;
- Carpet is in great shape, cut and sewn to fit; photo shows the sole instead of the carpet;
- Compass, Cockpit Table;
- Automatic bilge pump;
- Roller Furling jib;
- Jib Sail 150% 1985 with repairs;
- Mainsail good condition;
- Storm and spinnaker sails, like new;
- Propeller 3 blade;
- Self-tailing winches;
- Depth gage and knot meter;
- 3 anchors, one on the bow and 2 storm anchors, Danforth and Claw;
- Cushions in good shape;
- Sail Covers replaced recently;
- Dodger & Bimini replaced;
- VHF radio;
- Life jackets, fenders and extra dock lines, and other safety equipment;
- Shore power long cord, 30 amp and pigtail adapter for 15 amp;
- Autopilot, but clamp needs replacing.