'Rhiannon', a 1974 Morgan 414 Out-Island Ketch
by Aireus Vicki Westphal
'Rhiannon' is a 1974, custom-built Morgan 414 Out Island ketch.
No Other Morgan in the world is laid out like she is!
All the original paperwork is on hand.
Builder: Morgan Yachts
Designer: Charles Morgan
- LOA: 41ft 3in;
- Beam: 13ft 10in;
- LWL: 34ft 0in;
- Minimum Draft: 4ft 2in;
- Displacement: 24000 lbs;
- Ballast: 10500 lbs;
- Bridge Clearance: 53ft 4in;
- Headroom: 6ft 4in.
- Total Power: 50HP;
- Engine Brand: Perkins;
- Engine Model: 4-107;
- Engine Type: Inboard;
- Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel;
- Location: Center;
- Engine Hours: 11450;
- Propeller: 3 blade propeller;
- Drive Type: Direct Drive;
- Engine Power: 50 HP;
Cruising Speed: 5 knots @ 2000 RPM.
- Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Plastic (100 Gallons);
- Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (110 Gallons).
- Number of single berths: 2;
- Number of double berths: 2;
- Number of cabins: 2;
- Number of heads: 2.
- Depthsounder - Standard Horizon;
- Wind speed and direction - Raymarine;
- Plotter - Garmin 441 GPSMap;
- Autopilot - Raymarine;
- VHF - Icom;
- Radar - Furuno;
- DVD player;
- CD player;
- Cockpit speakers.
- Battened mainsail - Partial;
- Furling genoa - 130%;
- Battened Mizzen;
- Steering wheel - Hydraulic;
- Spinnaker pole.
- Electric bilge pump - 2XRule. In aft cabin and engine room;
- Manual bilge pump;
- Battery charger - 2 solar chargers;
- Heating - Diesel heater;
- Hot water - 6 G. Runs from engine;
- Fresh water maker - Aqua Marine, engine driven 20 GPH;
- Oven - LPG, 3 burners, Princess;
- Chemical head - Composting head;
- Refrigerator - Adler Barbour.
- Shore power inlet;
- Inverter - 2000 Watt, pure sine wave;
- Electrical Circuit: 12V.
- Wind generator - AirX;
- Solar panel - 2X150 Watt, 2X145 Watt;
- Cockpit cushions;
- Swimming ladder - Aluminum;
- Outboard engine brackets - 2 brackets with a block & Tackle hoist;
- Tender - Achilles 9.9 w/Mercury 8HP;
- Electric windlass.
- Bimini Top;
- Mainsail cover - Lazy stack pack;
- Cockpit cover;
- Spray hood - Hard;
is actively Cruising in Mexico.
She starts the winter season in Guaymas/San Carlos Sonora Mexico as at 12/30/2020.
She will be heading down to la Cruz and Puerto Vallarta Next in weather window - as far south as Barra De Navidad.Morgan 414 Design Ratios:
Sail Area/Displacement: 15.3
Comfort Ratio: 31
Capsize Screening Formula: 1.92Sailboat-Cruising.com asks:
Need some guidance with all aspects (including those mysterious but all-revealing Design Ratios) of buying a secondhand boat? If so, you may want to take a look at our Boat Buyer's Bundle...