'Sea Otter Too', a Columbia 29 Sailboat For Sale
A Classic! As advertised in 1962, “Sparkman & Stephens, world renowned naval architects and designers of the exciting COLUMBIA 29, have ideally conceived a boat with all the comforts and sailing ease desired in a small ocean cruising sloop, yet, not deterring from sleek lines and supreme performance to prevent the COLUMBIA 29 from being the boat-to-beat while racing. Sailing thoroughbreds from the boards of Sparkman & Stephens have won, and are continuing to win without par, the world’s major sailing contests. This tradition of performance and design standard is all evident in the brilliant COLUMBIA 29.”
SEA OTTER TOO is a 1965 29' Colombia Sailboat-Sloop constructed of fiberglass with a fine entry, rounded bilges, hung rudder, full keel with an inboard engine for propulsion with electronics and navigational aids. There is a large foredeck area, mid-deck and after cockpit with helm with all sail controls led aft. The interior has a large open salon area with settee, galley and seating. There are two steaming berths aft with an enclosed head forward with a V-berth at the bow. This vessel is appointed in gelcoat, paint, cloth, fabric and select woods.
Location: San Diego, CASailboat Specifications:
Builder: Columbia Yachts
Designer: Sparkman & Steven
Year Built: 1965 in Costa Mesa CA
Name: Sea Otter Too
Hull Type: Monohull
Hull Number: #129
Keel: Full Keel, Lead
LOA: 28’ 6” LWL: 22’ 6”
Interior Headroom: 6’Interior Pics:
V-Berth Quarter Berth Forepeak Dinette Galley CompanionwayEngine:
- Westerbeke Universal Marine Diesel Engine M3-20B with Manuals. The original Atomic 4 Gas Engine was replaced in January 2003);
- Admiral Instrument Panel;
- Engine Hours: Under 200 Hours;
- Dripless Thru-hull installed in 2006.
Rig and Sails:
- Fire Extinguishers;
- MT 400 EPIRB (needs renewal);
- Radar Reflector;
- 1-Brass Ships Bell@ 4";
- Life Sling;
- MOB Pole;
- 2-Type IV Throwing Devices;
- Life jackets;
- Federal Pollution Placards.
- Sloop Rigged;
- Alloy Spars;
- Standing Rigging: Stainless Steel;
- Mainsails + 1 Canvas Cover;
- 1 -Spinnaker.
- 2-12V Batteries Boxed Aft (2020);
- 12V 20-Amp Battery Charger;
- 1-VHF Radio Standard Horizon.
- 2x 20 Lb. Danforth Anchors With 200’ + 250’ Rode and Chain;
- Fenders (Various Sizes and Shapes);
- Spinnaker Pole;
- Folding Swim Ladder;
- Navigation Lights;
- Misc. Cleats, Chocks and Deck Hardware;
- Misc. Winches, Tracks, Cars and Sail Handling Equipment, Handholds;
- Misc. Deck Drains;
- Misc. Engine Controls & Gauges.
- 1 Stainless Steel Fuel Tank Approximately 12 Gallons;
- 1 Flexible Plastic Water Tanks: 25 Gallons.
- Deep Semi-Insulated Ice Box;
- Original Two Burner Aluminum Alcohol Stove;
- Stainless Steel Sink;
- Draining Board.
- 1-Ships Clock Brass @ 4";
- 1 -Ships Barometer @ 4";
- 1-Stereo W/Speakers;
- Wall to Wall Carpeting Throughout;
- Misc. Kerosene Lights in Interior.
- Sleeps 6;
- 2x Forward V Berth;
- 2x Saloon (Double Berth from Fold Down Dinette Table);
- 2x (Starboard and Port Side Berth);
- Blue Upholstery All in Very Good Condition;
- Hand Crafted Woodwork Interior Philippine Mahogany.
We have had SEA OTTER TOO since 2001. She has brought us lots of enjoyment as we have taken her primarily around San Diego Bay and local coastal waters. She is comfortable and easy to maneuver.
Mobility issues have kept us from spending more on her the last several years. We are looking to find her new owner who will take her out, enjoy her and provide the TLC that she deserves.
Great Starter Yacht. Easy to sail. Full keel gives great stability. Does well in weather. Needs some cosmetic work. Can sail today.