'Sol Magic', a Catalina 400 for Sale
Sol Magic is an extremely well-equipped example of one of Catalina's finest sailboats. This 2-berth, 2-head model is one of the roomiest and most comfortable 40’ monohulls available. In-mast furling main, roller furling headsail with all lines lead back to cockpit allows safe sail handling by one or two people, and a full enclosure provides protection from the elements.
She has been meticulously maintained and is a proven long-range cruiser with solar, water maker, custom storage and many other upgrades. She must be seen to be truly appreciated.
Year: 2002 (Hull # 251)
Draft: 5'6" (shoal draft, wing keel)
Mast Height: 61' (including antennas)
Displacement: 20,500 lbs
Engine: 56 hp Yanmar 4JH3E with 2500 hours.
3bladed fixed prop
PSS Shaft Seal (new in 2020)
Fuel: 44 gal (diesel)Anchoring:
Water: 110 gal (2 tanks)
Waste: 41 gal (2 tanks)
- Maxwell 800 electric windless (mechanically rebuilt in 2017; electrically rebuilt 2020)
- S100 (44 lb) SPADE with 180' chain, 100 line rode
- Fortress FX 23 secondary, 40' chain, 150' line rode
- Salt water washdown.
- Ulman (2015) InMast Roller Furling Main on deck-stepped mast
- 135% Jib on Harken Roller Furler
- Solid boom vang (Garhaurer)
- Spare halyards (2)
- Lewmar winches: #54 two-speed, self-tailing primary's, #40 secondary self-tailing halyard
- Garhauer traveler
- All lines lead to cockpit.
- Dual 30 amp shore power with cords
- 40 amp battery charger (new 2017)
- 2000 watt inverter (new 2016) with remote controller
- 2 4D AGM house batteries (new 2018)
- 1 Gp 27 start battery (2019) with Balmar DuoCharge (2020)
- 100 amp Balmar alternator with external Balmar 614 Smart regulator
- Balmar "Smart-guage" battery monitor.
- 3135 watt Kyocera Solar panels with MPPT Blue Sky controller and IPN-Remote PRO
- 2Zone dual zone airconditioning system
- LED lighting throughout
- Tank monitoring system (water, waste, fuel).
- Raymarine E120 chartplotter (in cockpit) with HD radar
- AIS transceiver (2015)
- Raymarine ST instruments (depth, speed, wind)
- Raymarine ST6001 autopilot with rudder angle indicator
- ICOM Ram Mic in cockpit
- Flat Screen TV on custom articulated mount in cabin. HD power antenna on mast
- Pioneer stereo with Bose speakers in cabin and cockpit. Satellite radio ready
- WiFi Booster (2015).
- Innerspring Kingsize master berth aft.
- Custom storage for long duration cruising
- Ensuite head with separate shower compartment.
- "U" shaped galley for secure cooking
- 3burner LPG stove with oven and vent hood
- Sharp microwave
- Dual SS sinks with water-saver faucet
- Large refrigerator with top/front storage accesso Custom storage cabinetry
- Beautiful "Ultra-Leather" cushions throughout
- Large dinette with seating for 6. Storage below.
- Navigation/work desk with storage and swivel seat
- Controls/indicators for all electrical equipment at Nav station
- New overhead hatches and side opening windows (2015)
- Custom teak cockpit doors
- Excellent engine/battery cabin access.
- Queen-sized centerline innerspring mattress with storage below
- Custom storage forward and along both sides
- Hanging locker
- Ensuite head.
Published Design Ratios for the Catalina 400:
- All required USCG equipment (flares, sound devices, life jackets, etc.)
- Both electric and manual bilge pumps
- Multiple fire extinguishers.
Sail Area/Displacement: 17.8
Comfort Ratio: 25.2
Capsize Screening Formula: 2.0Sailboat-Cruising.com asks:
Need some guidance with all aspects (including those mysterious but all-revealing Design Ratios) of buying a secondhand boat? If so, click here...
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Jul 20, 21 04:32 AM
Pelagic is a 1980 Pacific Seacraft Crealock 37 Yawl outfitted for cruising and living aboard. We are the second owners and cruised from SoCal to Mexico
Jul 20, 21 03:32 AM
''Namaste'' is a 2001 Bavaria 40, currently located in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. 'Namaste' is meticulously cared for by a German engineer and yachtsman.
Jul 19, 21 03:35 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!