'Sophia', a Crealock 37 Sailboat for Sale
(Monterey, California, USA)
'Sophia', a sloop-rigged Crealock 37 Sailboat for sale in Monteray, California USA.
Crealocks are well-respected and sought-after sailboats. This impressive world voyager continues to be in demand by serious sailors looking for a high-quality blue water cruiser. 'Sophia' can easily be handled alone or by a small crew. She is a great live-aboard sailboat.
'Sophia' is a custom-fitted Cruising Consultants Crealock 37. She has the same hull as, but is not manufactured by, Pacific Seacraft. There have only been 16 of these amazing cruisers made by Cruising Consultants.
Crealock 37 General Specification:
- Cutter rigged, no roller furling, all sails in 7-8 condition;
- Yanmar 3GM30F with saildrive, new in winter 2003, <100hrs;
- Ballenger tabernacled Spar, heavy section with 316 S/S rig, all Norsman fittings, running back stays, all lines led to cockpit, heavy ocean blocks on all running rigging;
- Heavy White Oak compression post with galvanized section below floor, fastened to keel;
- Spar, standing, and running rigging new in 1995;
- 75 gallons fuel in two removable aluminum tanks aft;
- 35 gallons water in aluminum tank forward;
- Traditional interior layout;
- Three water tight bulkheads (chain locker forward with hatch, main bulkhead with heavy gasketed door, aft bulkhead that is forward of rudder post);
- All bulkheads epoxy/cloth glassed to hull;
- 5 heavy ash/mahogany laminated deck beams;
- Raytheon 24 mile Radar on heavy SS mast aft;
- Flemming steering vane;
- Full chart table;
- Wet locker;
- Separate AC, DC, Blue sea systems breaker panels;
- Raytheon chart plotter, Interphase sonar;
- Non self-tailing, oversize winches;
- Tiller steering;
- All bronze oversized deck hardware, SS dual bow roller, three anchors;
- New LPU paint.
Underwater Profile: Fin keel and rudder on full skeg
Rig: Cutter (sloop and yawl rigs also available)
Length Overall: 36'11" (11.25m)
Waterline Length: 27'9" (8.46m)
Beam: 10'10" (3.30m)
Draft: 5.4" (1.62)
Displacement: 16,000lb (7,257kg)
Ballast: 6,000lb (2,722kg)
Construction: GRP (Fiberglass)
Ballast Type: Lead
Built by: Cruising Consultants, Pacific Seacraft
Designed by: Bill CrealockCrealock 37 Design Ratios:
Sail Area/Displacement: 14.5
Comfort Ratio: 34.0
Capsize Screening Formula: 1.72Sailboat-Cruising.com asks:
Need some guidance with all aspects (including those mysterious but all-revealing Design Ratios) of buying a secondhand boat? If so, you may want to take a look at our Boat Buyer's Bundle...
The custom-made Crealock 37s are valued between about $50K - $90K, but I'm selling 'Sophia'
at a much reduced price since she needs some minor cosmetic repair work (finish and trim work etc) and I have no time to do the work myself nor do I have time to use the boat.
Will consider trade for a home, property, or land of equal value.
Serious inquiries only.