'STRELLA ENCORE', A 2000 HYLAS 54', FOR SALE $395,000
(Greenport, NY, USA)
'STRELLA ENCORE', A 2000 HYLAS 54’ FOR SALE!'Strella Encore' is a fast three cabins and three heads cruiser/racer designed by Germán Frers and perfectly maintained by her original owner. Her layout is custom designed by owner for ocean voyages and offshore racing.
The Hylas 54 received the “Boat of the Year Award” by Cruising World in 1999. 'Strella Encore'
deserves even more praise as she incorporates many modifications that enhance her suitability for long voyages. For one she complies with the ORC Category 1 specifications and safety requirements: 'Yachts must be completely self-sufficient for very extended periods of time, capable of withstanding heavy storms and prepared to meet a serious emergency without the expectation of outside assistance'.
This led to the incorporation of many features such as
- a removable baby stay so that the sloop can be rigged as a cutter,
- an in-boom furler from Leisure Furl which avoids the less reliable standard in-mast furling but importantly also allows for a fully battened mainsail,
- an enlarged opening of the sail compartment for stowage of a full complement of sails,
- also an enlarged opening for the starboard aft locker in order to stow the inflatable dinghy,
- electronic displays located in areas best protected from spray, behind the helm and above the companion way,
- removable storm shutters for large salon windows,
- pad eyes every six feet on the deck alongside the tow rail used for boom preventers, barber rollers, etc.,
- a double spreader Selden spar stepped to the keel and the boot surrounded by a custom box for water protection and tools storage (winch handles, pliers, etc.),
- pad eyes in the cockpit and on the deck for lifelines,
- manual Whale gusher bilge pump at the helm,
- the two compartments designed for gas storage can accommodate either propane or butane bottles.
Under the deck major changes were requested by the owner:
- a work shop was created on the port side, between the chart table and the aft bathroom. It provides multiple storage options for tools, specialized racks for by example aerosol cans, and a work bench covered with a stainless steel plate. It is equipped with 12V and 110 V outlets as well as a cigarette lighter. The companionway board is located against one of the walls. The ventilation comes from an opening port and a fan. A large door gives easy access to the generator and the water maker.
- on starboard in the salon are two bunks with lee cloth for the navigator and a deck hand if need be, and underneath are very large storage compartments, one of them dedicated to safety equipment and the stowage of the portable solar panel,
- air-conditioning and washer/dryer were eliminated to make room for large storage space currently filled up with tools, spare parts and “stuff”,
- all the bunks are equipped with lee cloth including the king size bed in the aft master cabin which is composed of two separate mattresses,
- a wet locker is adjacent to the engine room with pegs on the grated floor to dry boots,
- hand rails are everywhere as well as conveniently located holders for flash lights, binoculars, knifes, etc.
For health reasons we have to sell 'Strella Encore'
and wish the new owner Fair Winds and Following Seas.Specification:
- Hull: Twaron carbon (lighter and stronger than typical fiberglass product);
- New Algrip paint in 2018;
- Rig: Sloop or Cutter;
- Overall Length: 54.08ft (16.25m);
- Waterline Length: 45ft 9in (13.8m);
- Beam: 15.75ft (4.7m);
- Draft: 7ft (2,10m);
- Teak deck;
- Displacement: 50,000lb (22 T).
Navigation & Electronics
Electrical & Mechanical
- VHF Standard Horizon with cockpit Mic;
- SSB ICOM M710 with backstay antennae and counterpoise (not in use, replaced by owner’s sat-phone);
- Raymarine ST-60 wind, speed and depth displays (9 repeaters);
- Raymarine Autopilot ST7000+;
- Raymarine radar RC 70;
- Furuno GPS/WAAS;
- Xantrex link 10 battery monitor;
- Xintex S2A propane control system and detector.
- Cummins 9MDKBK-6003 F, 110V generator (450 hours); Centaure 80 Amp charger;
- 110 V Xantrex inverter; 220V Custom designed inverter;
- Spectra watermaker 380c, 10gal/h;
- Yanmar 100HP Diesel Engine 4JH2-UTE (4,500 hours);
- 4 x 200 Amp AGM lifeline house batteries;
- 2 x 95 Amp hr engine and generator batteries;
- Side-Power SP125T bow thruster;
- 30/50AMP 110V/220V shore power;
- 150 Amp Balmar alternator;
- Centaur 80 Amp battery charger;
- Automatic Electric bilge pump with float switch plus bilge pump with alarm;
- Electric bilge pump with alarm.
- JVC radio/CD player with switchable distribution to 4 speakers;
- Mosquito screens for all ports;
- 11 x 2-speed Hella 12v fans;
- Lift up beds in all cabins and salon with storage underneath;
- Navigation table with separate large dry compartment for paper charts;
- 15-gallon hot water tank;
- Tanktender water/fuel gauges;
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine and generator compartment;
- 4 x portable fire extinguishers;
- Chelsea clock and barometer wall mounted in saloon; Seems & Plath barometer wall mounted in aft cabin with Raymarine repeater;
- Louvered teak cabinet fronts;
- Large varnished table seating 8 comfortably;
- Multiple large storage lockers;
- Manual bilge pump;
- 2 x book shelves;
- ACR EPIRB.
Stainless steel bench and full complement of holders, drawers and cabinets for storage of tools.Galley
- 3 burner Force 10 propane/butane cooker with oven;
- Danfoss freezer and fridge (air to air heat pump);
- Microwave SHARP Carousel;
- Manual fresh and salt water pump/tap;
- Dual stainless-steel sink;
- Hot and cold pressure water;
- Spray tap;
- Pull out waste bin;
- Custom designed storage cabinets;
- Corian counter top;
- Soap and sponge cabinet;
- 12V and 110V power outlets.
Large Salon and Companionway;
Three cabins with three bathrooms
Each cabin sleeps one couple. In addition two bunks in the salon. All bunks equipped with lee cloth. Each cabin with ample storage, hanging lockers and cabinets;
Each bathroom includes:
- Lavac manual toilet;
- Shower with pressurized hot and cold water;
- Electric shower pump;
- 3 Cupboards;
- 3 mirrors;
- Custom made dodger and bimini with seams protected with leather straps;
- 5 Raymarine repeaters above companion way;
- 1 Raymarine repeater and 1 Autohelm control panel at helm station;
- Bow thruster controls at helm station
- Stainless steel outboard engine mount;
- 5” Richie compass at helm station;
- Varnished teak drink holder;
- Varnished teak folding cockpit table;
- Transom mounted swim ladder;
- Transom shower;
- Manual bilge pump at the helm.
Sails and Rigging
- 33kg/73lb Danforth anchor;
- 300ft 3/8” chain;
- Fortress anchor with 30ft 5/16” chain plus 200ft rode;
- Maxwell 2200 anchor windlass with foot controls at bow and control at helm station;
- Radar reflector;
- 4 stainless steel dorades;
- 2 jackstays and anchor points;
- Masthead tricolor and anchor light;
- 2x strobe lights;
- Bow mounted running lights;
- Deck light;
- 2x horse shoes;
- Life raft offshore Bombard;
- Large lockers for anchors, sails, inflatable dinghy, gaz bottles,
- Anchor wash down.
- Selden two-spreader mast (75ft);
- Leisure Furl in boom main sail furling;
- 8x Lewmar winches: Electric 2x66 and 2x48, Manual 2x54 and 2x48
- SELDEN Furlex jib furling system;
- 2x NORTH Sails Spinnaker/Genaker with snuffer socks;
- 2x NORTH genoas;
- 1x NORTH Mainsail;
- 1x La Voilerie Jib #1 (Yankee);
- 1x NORTH Staysail;
- 1x NORTH storm jib;
- 1x NORTH Trinquette;
- Spinnaker pole with mast attachments;
- Jockey Pole;
- Max Prop 3 blades propeller, variable pitch.
- 2.5HP Yamaha gasoline 4 stroke engine;
- Inflatable Bombard dinghy;
- Solar panel;
- Ample supply of halyards and sheets;
- Dock lines and fenders
- Many spare parts;
- Assorted shore-power cables;
- Emergency tiller;
- Other assorted spares & reference books.
- Water 116 US gallons (400 L);
- Fuel 339 US gallons (1350 L);
- 2x Holding tanks 27 US gallons.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Jun 14, 21 03:18 AM
SORRY, NOW SOLD! For more boats like this one that are currently for sale please go to Cruising Sailboats for Sale...The Malo 50, a 37' Bluewater Cruiser
Jun 10, 21 12:24 PM
'WYRD' is a 1981 Tartan 37. This classic Sparkman & Stephens design performance cruiser, hull #309 is a clean example of one of the most desirable Tartan's
Jun 09, 21 01:19 PM
''Namaste'' is a 2001 Bavaria 40, currently located in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. 'Namaste' is meticulously cared for by a German engineer and yachtsman.