s/v 'Tayana', a Tayana 37 for Sale
(Victoria, BC, Canada)
'Tayana' is for sale. She's a classic bluewater cutter-rigged sailboat. With a thick fiberglass hull, she's a full keel double-ender designed by the famous Robert Perry.
The Tayana 37 has been described as safe and secure with high coamings, high lifelines, and substantial bow and stern pulpits.
'Tayana' a 1975 Blue Book Canadian registered vessel.
LOA: 36' 8", beam: 11'6" draft : 5' 8", Displacement 22,500 lbs, Ballast 7,340 lbs.
Sail area: 861 sq ft, 90 US gal fuel.
Some particulars of this boat are:
- Recent haul out in 2018 scrub, paint, wax hull sides, and zincs with survey available;
- Major overhaul in 2009;
- Beta Marine 38hp engine with 700 hours in excellent shape;
- Full dodger, (the fabric is nearly done, but have kept it up for cold weather living at the dock and pattern).
- 2 ProFurl Titanium foresail and staysail furlers,
- All lines led back to cockpit, for single-handers;
- Teak decks - in good shape;
- Updated modern through deck aluminum mast, and wood spars;
- updated large gauge stainless rigging;
- Capilano hydraulic steering system with wheel;
- Dinghy davits built into stern railing, solar mount;
- Fuel tank 90 gal;
- 2 Racor fuel filters;
- In-deck propane locker with overboard vent, 21 litres;
- Safety propane shut off solenoid system;
- 2 bow water tanks, 200 gal;
- 1 stern tank, 35 gal;
- Whale electric pump and buffer tank for water system;
- 2 Barlow #22 and 2 Barient #27 winches (self tailers);
- Barton, Schafer blocks, Traeller tracks and sailing hardware.
- 2 North genoa 100% in good condition;
- 1 Leitch Mcbride full battened mainsail.
- 1 deck winch on teak block;
- 1 CQR 45 lb anchor with G4 stainless hardware 300 ft of BB chain. 1 25 lbs Danforth anchor with stern chain hawspipe.
- Navigation table aft to starboard with all the Icom vhf radio and Icom-700 SSB radio with the sailmail modem.
- Electric Lofrans model Tigres 1200 watt 12 v dc windlass with waterproof deck switches.
- Raymarine radar.
- Wind generator.
- 1 very large manual bilge pump, one Rule 1500 electric bilge pump and Whale Gulper 220.
- Blue Sea system electrical panel DDP breaker.
- 2 100 watt solar panels with solar controller.
- Sidepower bow thruster with cockpit controls.
- Kenwood stereo with speakers.
- Mariner galvanic isolator.
Her below decks are rich in hardwood and feel comforting. The floor is teak in very good condion.
There is a settee midships that drops down to make a large bed, main double V-berth with pleasing open round opening, a separate aft cabin with door and wet closet for watch shift rotations.
The head is midships/port and has teak floor grate and full working pump toilet, shower, sink and hot on-demand propane fuel water system.
She has a full galley with a gimbaled Force-10 3 burner propane stove, built in fridge/ freezer top loading and bottom loading. There's lots of storage thoughout the galley and interior.
To keep you warm there is a Dickinson Antarctic diesel heater with day tank.