Tayana 55 Cutter Sailboat For Sale.
by Hendrik VanKeulen
‘La Scala a Mare’, a Tayana 55’ Cutter
Fantastic opportunity to buy a beautiful Tayana 55 which is almost like new with a low asking price of only USD $230,000. The centre cockpit design is well positioned with a wide range of useful and modern instruments. Inside she has been beautifully fitted out with a very useable layout and is also in great condition with many excellent designed extras. A new furling mast with new stainless steel standing rigging was stepped in June 2014 costing well over USD $100,000.
Many other upgrades have been spent in the last couple of years and major upgrade works completed in August 2016 with over USD $95,000 spent. A full list of this work is included in the details below. She is now like a brand new boat and ready to sail the world.
Boat Name: La Scala A Mare
Current Price: US$ 230,000
Located in Phuket, Thailand
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Engine/Fuel Type: Single diesel
Builder: Ta Yang, Taiwan
Beam: 16 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 2 in
Displacement: 49500 lbs
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1988
Engine Model: 3544 6 Cyl
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 120 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (946 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (568 Liters)
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Upgrades/Refit – 2016. The yacht has been up in Phuket getting plenty of upgrades and servicing work done including...
1. Above deck
• Teak deck sanded and sikkaflex grouting repaired.
• Hydraulic cylinder on Vang replaced
• Backstay hydraulic cylinders overhauled
• Raymarine Chart Plotter upgraded to e97 model
• Raymarine Radar upgraded to HD Colour
• New instrument panel installed.
• Wiring for Forestay furler re-routed (off the deck)
• All sails inspected and repaired as necessary
• New deck cushions
2. Below Deck
• New Charger/Inverter installed.
• Bow Thruster installed (Holland Marine –water jets)
• All wiring replaced and rerouted as necessary and old installations removed.
• Electrical panel rewired
• 110v outlets connected.
b. Aircon and Refrigeration
• Lounge aircon overhauled
• Fore and aft cabin aircons’ serviced
• New 12v/AC refrigerator installed above counter
• Freezer overhauled with new compressor and cold plates
• Below counter drinks fridge overhauled
• All water lines checked and replaced as necessary.
• Fuel and water filler hoses replaced.
• Auto sump drains installed in showers
• New bilge pump with emergency electrical backup installed.
• New Engine and Genset water exhaust hoses installed.
• New Stainless exhaust pipes (x2) installed.
• New sink/shower and toilet drain hoses.
• New Hot water heater installed (fitted for Engine exhaust preheat but not connected)
• Sidewall veneer replaced.
• Counter top veneer replaced with Corian
• Drawers and door facing highlighted with Teak
• All mattresses and covers replaced
• Curtains replaced.
f. Engine Room
• Engine and gear box serviced as required (new exhaust elbow installed).
• New seal on oil pan and gearbox installed
• All new engine mounts.
• All sound proofing replaced with new material.
• New Raw water manifold
• Genset serviced as required.
• Hull above water line was sanded back to the fiberglass, covered with an epoxy coating
and repainted with Awlgrip.
• Antifouling of bottom
• All through hull fittings below the water line replaced
• All sea cocks replaced
• New prop shaft, flex coupling, and rope cutter
• Dripless shaft seal installed
Singapore International Registry, laying at AOPO Grand Marina, Phuket, Thailand.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Aug 15, 18 11:59 AM
This simple, if rather tedious, exercise in evaluating your boat electrics is necessary for battery bank sizing but the spreadsheet on this site will make the whole process a great deal easier.
Aug 15, 18 11:35 AM
Calculate your Amperage Requirement with this Daily Current Draw Calculator and use this information in selecting the Appropriate Battery for your Boat
Jul 29, 18 03:29 AM
Wharf: Fiskars Finland Material: GRP Year: 1977 Lead Fin Keel Wheel steering 6 Berths Length: 10,24 m (33ft) Beam: 3,12 m Draft: 1,62 m Weight: 4,5t Displacement: