Tayana 55 Cutter Sailboat For Sale.
by Hendrik VanKeulen
‘La Scala a Mare’, a Tayana 55’ Cutter
SORRY, NOW SOLD!
The centre cockpit design is well positioned with a wide range of useful and modern instruments. Inside she has been beautifully fitted out with a very useable layout and is also in great condition with many excellent designed extras. A new furling mast with new stainless steel standing rigging was stepped in June 2014 costing well over USD $100,000.
Many other upgrades have been spent in the last couple of years and major upgrade works completed in August 2016 with over USD $95,000 spent. A full list of this work is included in the details below. She is now like a brand new boat and ready to sail the world.
Boat Name: La Scala A Mare
Current Price: US$ 230,000
Located in Phuket, Thailand
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Engine/Fuel Type: Single diesel
Builder: Ta Yang, Taiwan
Beam: 16 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 2 in
Displacement: 49500 lbs
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1988
Engine Model: 3544 6 Cyl
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 120 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (946 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (568 Liters)
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Upgrades/Refit – 2016. The yacht has been up in Phuket getting plenty of upgrades and servicing work done including...
1. Above deck
• Teak deck sanded and sikkaflex grouting repaired.
• Hydraulic cylinder on Vang replaced
• Backstay hydraulic cylinders overhauled
• Raymarine Chart Plotter upgraded to e97 model
• Raymarine Radar upgraded to HD Colour
• New instrument panel installed.
• Wiring for Forestay furler re-routed (off the deck)
• All sails inspected and repaired as necessary
• New deck cushions
2. Below Deck
• New Charger/Inverter installed.
• Bow Thruster installed (Holland Marine –water jets)
• All wiring replaced and rerouted as necessary and old installations removed.
• Electrical panel rewired
• 110v outlets connected.
b. Aircon and Refrigeration
• Lounge aircon overhauled
• Fore and aft cabin aircons’ serviced
• New 12v/AC refrigerator installed above counter
• Freezer overhauled with new compressor and cold plates
• Below counter drinks fridge overhauled
• All water lines checked and replaced as necessary.
• Fuel and water filler hoses replaced.
• Auto sump drains installed in showers
• New bilge pump with emergency electrical backup installed.
• New Engine and Genset water exhaust hoses installed.
• New Stainless exhaust pipes (x2) installed.
• New sink/shower and toilet drain hoses.
• New Hot water heater installed (fitted for Engine exhaust preheat but not connected)
• Sidewall veneer replaced.
• Counter top veneer replaced with Corian
• Drawers and door facing highlighted with Teak
• All mattresses and covers replaced
• Curtains replaced.
f. Engine Room
• Engine and gear box serviced as required (new exhaust elbow installed).
• New seal on oil pan and gearbox installed
• All new engine mounts.
• All sound proofing replaced with new material.
• New Raw water manifold
• Genset serviced as required.
• Hull above water line was sanded back to the fiberglass, covered with an epoxy coating
and repainted with Awlgrip.
• Antifouling of bottom
• All through hull fittings below the water line replaced
• All sea cocks replaced
• New prop shaft, flex coupling, and rope cutter
• Dripless shaft seal installed
Singapore International Registry, laying at AOPO Grand Marina, Phuket, Thailand.