‘Umnyama’, a Catana 42 Carbon Infused Owners Version (2016) For Sale
by Dick van Geldere
'Umnyama', our Caribbean based Catana 42 performance cruising Catamaran is currently for sale. She was built in France in 2016 and since then, we – a Dutch couple of 60+ – sailed around the world in 4 years. Last year we were stranded in Covidfree St Helena, stayed there two months and then sailed 4000 NM to Grenada. There Umnyama was on the hard during the hurricane season and for repairs, maintenance and preparation for the sale.
'Umnyama' is an Owners Version, and is ready to sail around the world again with all the amenities you need: generator, watermaker, double autopilot, big solar panels, washing machine, gennaker, Parasailor, all Raymarine electronics, Iridium antenna, radar, AIS, WiFi router, Fusion marine entertainment, super dinghy, et cetera…
We sailed the boat conservatively, often with only head sails – sailing around the world is mainly downwind – with boat speeds of max 15 knots and with max windspeeds out at sea of less than 40 knots. But with less than 670 liters of water and 430 liters of diesel, and with less than all the junk we carry, you might go faster indeed…
We plan to sail this season in the Carib again. We can deliver the boat to any island, if Covid permits. US East Coast delivery is optional. We could even sail her back to Europe, latest in May 2021.
Recent Upgrades and Updates (November 2020)
- Watermaker Repair: New "3-way production valve power supply control";
- Replacement rusty anchor by new Rocna anchor, now 25 kg;
- Replacement of rusted anchor chain, now new chain of 75 meters;
- Repair of the port dagger board;
- Repair of the leaking dinghy bottom;
- Replacement of the tricolor top light;
- Replacement of the deck light;
- Replacement of the anchor light;
- Repair of a life line;
- Repair of the Parasailor;
- Repair of minimal wear on genoa, genakker and mainsail - with new UV strips and new tell-tales;
- Repair of the drum of the roller jib. Now rolls like a charm again;
- Repair of a Raymarine i70 Instrument Display;
- Repair of the antifouling of the underwater hull after the collision with a whale. In addition, reactivation by sanding the Coppercoat antifouling;
- New Jabsco toilet pump;
- Finally, installation of a new outboard motor, a two-stroke 15HP Yamaha Enduro.