'WYRD', a Tartan 37 Sailboat for Sale
(Niceville, FL USA)
Fully equipped for cruising
'WYRD' is a 1981 Tartan 37.
This classic Sparkman & Stephens design performance cruiser, hull #309 is a clean example of one of the most desirable Tartan's ever produced.
Her layout is spacious and inviting. Many items have been updated topside and as well as below.
She has all new upholstery; 300 watts of solar, outboard engine lift, the headliner has been replaced as well as the 16000 BTU air conditioner.
Interior lights have been replaced with LED’s, the refrigeration, inverter, charger, head, port light gaskets & closures and bilge pumps have all been replaced recently.
With her roller furling and uncluttered deck, she is a breeze to sail. She is cruise ready!
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 37 ft 3 in
Beam: 11 ft 9 in
LWL: 28 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 9 in
Displacement: 15500 lbs.
Ballast: 7500 lbs.
Published Design Ratios
Sail Area/Displacement: 16.1
Comfort Ratio: 28.9
Capsize Screening Formula: 1.9
Sailboat-Cruising.com asks: Need some guidance with all aspects (including those mysterious but all-revealing Design Ratios) of buying a secondhand boat? If so, you may want to take a look at our Boat Buyer's Bundle...
Engine Brand: Westerbeke;
Year Built: 1981;
Engine Model: W50;
Engine Type: Inboard;
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel;
Drive Type: Direct Drive;
Engine Power: 42hp;
New Transmission (2016).
Fresh Water Tanks: 90 Gallons Total;
Fuel Tanks: 1 (53 Gallons);
Holding Tanks: 1 (35 Gallons).
- Large V-berth; 6' 3" long and 7' 3" wide;
- Access to anchor locker forward;
- 2 hanging lockers with drawers port and starboard;
- Private access to head;
- Separate door can close off forward cabin;
- 2 opening ports;
- Overhead hatch;
- Just outside the compartment is another hanging locker;
- Holding tank and storage under V-berth.
- L shaped settee to port with storage behind;
- Teak lockers and shelf space behind;
- Teak drop leaf table that folds flat against bulkhead;
- Conventional starboard settee that slides out to provide more width for sleeping;
- Pilot berth above starboard settee that doubles nicely as storage space if needed;
- Hanging locker forward of starboard settee;
- Two 45 gal water tanks; one under port and starboard settee;
- Large quarter berth that converts to a double with fold up Nav station seat;
- 53 gallon fuel tank under berth;
- All new interior upholstery (2020).
- Teak and holly cabin sole;
- Teak hull sides;
- Portlights with screens (2019);
- Four dorades for ventilation;
- Reading lights;
- 110V receptacles;
- Headliner (2016).
To starboard at the base of the companionway is a well-designed sea galley. A generous 7 cubic feet icebox has two lids for easy access. The stove is oriented along the hull side. Facing aft you have a double stainless-steel sink with cabinet beneath, and to the left is a dry bin beneath the countertop;
- 3 Burner Force 10 Propane Stove (2019);
- Refrigeration Isotherm w/freezer box (2019);
- Double stainless-Steel Sink;
- Hot & cold pressure water;
- Storage cabinets.
- Double door entry (from salon and forward cabin);
- Stainless steel sink;
- Hot & cold pressure Water;
- Marine toilet w/holding tank;
- Macerator for overboard discharge;
- Medicine Cabinet with mirror;
- Shower area with teak grate for draining.
Navigation & Quarter Berth:
Aft of the settee on port, the forward facing nav station has a large chart table with plenty of storage beneath the lid. Above and behind is a shelf for small items; below is a stack of three drawers for tools, parts, etc. To the left when seated, a locker door opens to a large storage space.
The seat back can be lifted out and repositioned to enlarge the sleeping area of the quarter berth.
- Standard Horizon VHF (2016);
- Fusion MS-RA70N Bluetooth Stereo (2018);
- Battery Monitor (2017);
- Xantrex Inverter (2020);
- Battery Charger (2020);
- Battery Charger Remote (2020);
- DC Main Panel;
- DC Subpanel (2019);
- Bilge Alarm (2020);
- Garmin GPSmap 741xs (2016);
- USB Outlets;
- 12 Volt Outlet;
- 120 Volt Main Panel (2019);
- 2 House Batteries (2019);
- 1 Start Battery (2019).
- Electric Bilge Pump (2017);
- Manual Bilge Pump;
- Air Conditioning/Heating (2016);
- Water Heater (2019).
- Partial Battened Mainsail;
- Furling Genoa 110 (Nov. 2019);
- Mainsail Cover.
- Shore Power Inlet;
- Shore Power Cord.
Hull & Deck:
- Zarcor Companionway Doors (2019);
- Companionway Cover;
- Companionway Hatch Boards ;
- Swim ladder;
- Outboard engine bracket;
- Bimini w/Dodger (2018);
- 3 100-Watt Solar Panels (2019);
- 2 Cockpit folding chairs;
- 2 Throwables;
- 4 Type II Life Jackets;
- Edson Pedestal w/Cover;
- Cockpit Table ;
- Nav Pod (2016);
- 45lb Delta anchor w/90ft G4 HT chain and 5/8 rode 200ft (2020);
- Lewmar windlass (2020);
- Rewired Mast (2017);
- LED Mast Lights (2017);
- LED Spreader Lights (2017);
- PA Horn on Mast (2017);
- Cockpit Shower (2019);
- Cockpit Lights (2017);
- Teak Grab Rails (2020)
Centerboard was repaired and the pennant replaced in 2017. Everything under the waterline - bottom, shaft, strut, cutlass bearing, rudder, and centerboard was replaced or repaired.
- Garmin GPSmap 742xs Chartplotter (2019);
- Garmin GMI 20 Wind Instrument/Transducer (2016);
- Garmin GNX 20 Gauge (2016);
- CPT Autopilot (2018);
- VHF Remote (2016);
- Westerbeke Instrument Panel w/Cover.
Bottom maintained by diver.