The Hunter 33, an aft-cockpit sloop, was designed and built in the USA by Hunter Marine.
Underwater Profile: Fin with bulb keel and Spade Rudder
Hull Material: GRP (Fibreglass)
Length Overall: 33'6" (10.21m)
Waterline Length: 29'5" (8.97m)
Beam: 11'8" (3.51m)
Draft: 5'6" (1.7m)*
Rig Type: B&R
Displacement: 12,400lb (5,625kg)
Designer: Hunter Marine
Builder: Hunter Marine (USA)
Year First Built: 2012
* Shoal Draft version: 4'6" (1.4m)
1. Sail Area/Displacement Ratio: 18.7
2. Ballast/Displacement Ratio: 27.9
3. Displacement/Length Ratio: 217
4. Comfort Ratio: 24.2
5. Capsize Screening Formula: 2.0
read more about these all-revealing numbers...
1. A Sail Area/Displacement Ratio of 18.7 suggests that the Hunter 33 will, in the right conditions, approach her maximum hull speed readily and satisfy the sailing performance expectations of most cruising sailors.
2. A Ballast/Displacement Ratio of 27.9 would usually mean that the Hunter 33 would have a tendency to heel uncomfortably in a gust, and need to be reefed early to keep her sailing upright in a moderate breeze.
However, as she has much of her ballast concentrated in a bulb at the foot of her keel, she's likely to be considerably stiffer than her published Ballast/Displacement Ratio might suggest.
3. A Displacement/Length Ratio of 217, tells us the Hunter 33 is a moderate displacement cruiser, which means she'll carry all your cruising gear without it having a dramatic effect on her performance. Most of today's sailboats intended for offshore cruising fall into this displacement category.
4. Ted Brewer's Comfort Ratio of 24.2 suggests that crew comfort of a Hunter 33 in a seaway is similar to what you would associate with the motion of a coastal cruiser with moderate stability, which is not encouraging news for anyone prone to seasickness.
5. The Capsize Screening Formula (CSF) of 2.0 indicates that a Hunter 33 would not be the wisest choice of sailboat for ocean passage-making owing to the lower resistance to capsize in strong winds and heavy seas that is associated with similar sailboats with a CSF of 2.0 and above.
Jun 07, 23 01:51 AM
Jun 04, 23 08:32 AM
Jun 04, 23 06:26 AM