- List your Boat for Sale Here!
How to List Your Boat For Sale
"Where can I list my boat for sale?" is a question we're asked frequently, our answer to which is "You can list your boat for sale right here on this website" - we'll show you exactly how to do it - and it won't cost you a cent!
We're not a yacht broker; we don't charge any fees for listing your boat or commission when you sell her. Our task is to create a full-page advertisement for you, publish it on this site and make sure it's seen by many prospective boat buyers looking to buy a sailboat like yours.
Recent examples of boats listed for sale:
Click any of the images below to get an idea of what your full-page listing will look like...
But there's a huge added benefit in having your sailboat listed here on our site!
It will be given a Free Featured Listing on our Facebook Group 'Liveaboard Sailboats for Sale' which has in excess of 86,000 members, as well as other social media outlets including Pinterest and LinkedIn.
As a result, your ad will get a great deal of exposure on the internet. We'll do everything we reasonably can to get your boat sold.
And all for free - we're happy with the additional visitors your ad will bring to sailboat-cruising.com!
Here's How to List your Boat for Sale
First though, a few selling tips to make your advertisement eye-catching to potential buyers...
- Good pics of your boat are essential! Exterior and interior, afloat and ashore. There's no limit on the number of good pics.
- Give a full description of your boat and tell us what type of construction she is. Fibreglass, wood, ferro-cement, steel or aluminium? Teak decks? How many berths? Engine make and horsepower? etc, etc
- Describe her condition and explain how you've updated and maintained her over the years.
- Detail exactly what is included in the sale, together with an inventory of electronics, sails and other equipment. Dinghy and outboard? Life raft etc?
- Her vital statistics; Length overall, beam, draft and displacement.
- Where is she currently berthed?
- and of course, your asking price!
There's no limit on space! You can put as much as you like in your advertisement. The more detailed your description, the more your potential buyers will be drawn into your advertisement.
If you follow the above selling tips you should have no difficulty at all in writing at least 400 words to describe your boat.
In fact, 400 words is a minimum requirement for publication on sailboat-cruising.com.
Don't waste this opportunity by submitting a 'skinny' ad for publication.
Just send me an email with the text for your ad (either within the email or as an attachment) together with as many pics as you like, and I'll create the ad using your provided information and let you know when it's been published on my site, usually just a few days later.
If you want me to change anything at any time, it's no problem!
So, let's get your sailboat sold!
Sailboat-Cruising.com must make a disclaimer at this point, in as much as this is a free service intended to put you and a potential buyer in contact. Sailboat-Cruising.com accepts no liability whatsoever in connection with this free service.
Oct 02, 23 12:17 PM
It's true that the ketch sailboat with its split rig can make an attractive cruising sailboat for a short-handed crew, but there is a downside to these types of sailboats
Oct 02, 23 08:47 AM
Thinking of buying a Hanse 548 sailboat? Perhaps you should first take a look at these pics, specs and key performance indicators...
Oct 02, 23 04:56 AM
Thinking of buying a Hanse 458 sailboat? Perhaps you should first take a look at these pics, specs and key performance indicators...