The Amel Super Maramu 2000, a centre-cockpit ketch, was designed by Henry Amel & J. Carteau and built in France by Amel.
Underwater Profile: Wing keel & skeg-hung rudder
Hull Material: GRP (Fibreglass)
Length Overall: 52'6" (16.0m)
Waterline Length: 41'4" (12.6m)
Beam: 15'1" (4.6m)
Draft: 6'8" (2.0m)
Rig Type: Ketch
Displacement: 35,274lb (16,000kg)
Designer: Henri Amel
Builder: Amel (France)
Year First Built: 1999
Year Last Built: 2007
Number Built: 245
'Life is Good', an Amel Super Marimu 2000 for Sale
Sorry, she's sold but the ad remains for some great interior pics and a load of info about this very popular long distance cruising boat.
1. Sail Area/Displacement Ratio: 19.2
2. Ballast/Displacement Ratio: 34.4
3. Displacement/Length Ratio: 223
4. Comfort Ratio: 32.9
5. Capsize Screening Formula: 1.8
1. A Sail Area/Displacement Ratio of 19.2 suggests that the Amel Super Maramu 2000 will, in the right conditions, approach her maximum hull speed readily and satisfy the sailing performance expectations of most cruising sailors.
2. A Ballast/Displacement Ratio of 34.4 would usually mean that the Amel Super Maramu 2000 would have a tendency to heel uncomfortably in a gust, and need to be reefed early to keep her sailing upright in a moderate breeze.
However, as she has much of her ballast concentrated in a bulb at the foot of her keel, she's likely to be considerably stiffer than her published Ballast/Displacement Ratio might suggest.
3. A Displacement/Length Ratio of 223, tells us the Amel Super Maramu 2000 is a moderate displacement cruiser, which means she'll carry all your cruising gear without it having a dramatic effect on her performance. Most of today's sailboats intended for offshore cruising fall into this displacement category.
4. Ted Brewer's Comfort Ratio of 32.9 suggests that crew comfort of a Amel Super Maramu 2000 in a seaway is similar to what you would associate with the motion of a moderate bluewater cruising boat - a predictable and acceptable motion for most seasoned sailors.
5. The Capsize Screening Formula (CSF) of 1.8 tells us that a Amel Super Maramu 2000 would be a safer choice of sailboat for an ocean passage than one with a CSF of more than 2.0.
Jun 07, 23 01:51 AM
Jun 04, 23 08:32 AM
Jun 04, 23 06:26 AM