'Searching for the Edge', my Bavaria 50 Vision Sailboat is for sale!
By Owner Caio Teisen Gerassi Treen
My Bavaria 50 Vision 'Searching for the Edge' is the Owner's version with the 3-cabin layout, and has never been chartered. She is an off-grid liveaboard, turn-key boat and - being based in Key Biscayne, Florida - is ready to hit the Bahamas.
'Searching for the Edge'
'Searching for the Edge' is US-flagged and registered with the USCG and is equipped with USCG required safety equipment, plus an EPIRB and emergency liferaft.
We are selling because my wife gets seasick too frequently and we can’t enjoy the liveaboard life how we intended to with our current jobs. We bought the boat last year (October 2022) in Panama and put a ton of new upgrades into the boat making her a nice off-grid boat with which to explore the islands.
Bavaria 50 Vision Accommodation Plan
Three cabins, one combo shower and head, one shower room and one head. The master cabin has its own shower room and separate head.
The interior headspace is great for tall people. I’m 6’2” and don’t have to worry about my head hitting the ceiling.
The spacious saloon with a 43" flat-screen TV
Bavaria 50 Vision Specification
- Underwater Profile: Fin keel & spade rudder
- Hull Material: GRP (Fibreglass)
- Length Overall: 51'6" (15.7m)
- Waterline Length: 44'2" (13.5m)
- Beam: 14'9" (4.5m)
- Draft: 6'3" (1.9m)
- Rig Type: Fractional sloop
- Displacement: 29,762lb (13,500kg)
- Designer: J&J Design
- Builder: Bavaria Yachts (Germany)
- Year First Built: 2011
The navigation station
Tanks & Engine
- New portable Rainman watermaker (can be converted into a fixed watermaker) makes 35 gallons/hour
- 100 gallon fuel tank
- The engine is a D275 Volvo Penta
- All filters replaced, fuel pump replaced, impeller replaced, 2400 hours, plenty of spare parts, works great!
The galley is on the port side of the companionway steps
- New solar panels, total of 1700 watts between rigid and flexible panels
- Two Generators (one Ecoflow portable smart generator duel fuel 120 volts and one 220 volts whisper power generator fixed. Note: needs a new alternator, only 36 hours of use.
- Two new Ecoflow power stations 3600 watts and 2000 watts
- Six 100 amps AGM batteries (Note: house batteries are new)
- 120 volt outlets & 220 volts outlets (everything is in place for 220v, just need to re-attach the main wires)
- Interior LED lights
The double berth forward
Exterior Upgrades & Maintenance
- New Garmin Chart Plotter
- Raymarine auto pilot
- New AIS
- New VHF / AIS antenna
- New transducer
- New Raymarine VHF for navigation table
- New arch with dinghy davits
- 66 lb stainless steel anchor
- 55 lb galvanized anchor (spare)
- New 150 ft BBB hot dipped galvanized chain
- Replaced all navigation lights with new LED lights
- Bow thruster
- New UV protection for the sails
- Webasto heater (note: installed but not activated)
- Two biminis 1 new, 1 used (note: old bimini has enclosed cockpit)
- New bottom paint done less than a year ago with micron 66
- Victron 30 amp battery charger
- Renogy Rover 60 Amp MPPT Solar Charge Controller
- New cap shrouds and backstay triangle rigging
One of the two aft cabins
- New electric toilet pump
- New automatic shower drain pump
- Electrical stove and gas stove and oven
- New low-able main salon table to convert into day bed
- New TV 43 inch
One of the head compartments
- 2020 Highfield 9ft rigid bottom
- 8 HP Yamaha 2-stroke engine
The dinghy and outboard motor
Asking Price & Owner's Contact Details
'Searching for the Edge'
$249,000 $199,000 for 'Searching for the Edge', my Bavaria 50 Vision.
If you'd like more information or want to be 'Searching for the Edge's new owner please contact me, Caio Teisen Gerassi Treen, here...
Nov 29, 23 08:35 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!
Nov 10, 23 02:34 AM
My 47' Cheoy Lee sailboat is for sale. Designed by Bill Luders, she is a beautiful and functional liveaboard cruising yacht.
Oct 30, 23 04:22 PM
This article explores the journey of chartering a sailing yacht, from the initial planning stages to the final touches. It provides insight into the joys and challenges of embarking on a voyage of dis…