The Maxi 1000, a moderate displacement fractional sloop, was designed by Pelle Petterson and built in Sweden by Nimbus Boats AB.
Underwater Profile: Bulb-fin keel & spade rudder
Hull Material: GRP (Fibreglass)
Length Overall: 33'5" (10.2m)
Waterline Length: 26'11" (8.2m)
Beam: 10'8" (3.3m)
Draft: 5'7" (1.7m)
Rig Type: Fractional rig
Displacement: 9,921lb (4,500kg)
Ballast: 3,307lb (1,500kg)
Designer: Pelle Petterson
Builder: Nimbus Boats AB (Sweden)
Year First Built: 1992
Year Last Built: 1999
Number Built: 110
1. Sail Area/Displacement Ratio: 17.6
2. Ballast/Displacement Ratio: 33.3
3. Displacement/Length Ratio: 228
4. Comfort Ratio: 22.7
5. Capsize Screening Formula: 1.9
Read more about these Key Performance Indicators...
1. A Sail Area/Displacement Ratio of 17.6 suggests that the Maxi 1000 will, in the right conditions, approach her maximum hull speed readily and satisfy the sailing performance expectations of most cruising sailors.
2. A Ballast/Displacement Ratio of 33.3 would usually mean that the Maxi 1000 would have a tendency to heel uncomfortably in a gust, and need to be reefed early to keep her sailing upright in a moderate breeze.
However, as she has much of her ballast concentrated in a bulb at the foot of her keel, she's likely to be considerably stiffer than her published Ballast/Displacement Ratio might suggest.
3. A Displacement/Length Ratio of 228, tells us the Maxi 1000 is a moderate displacement cruiser, which means she'll carry all your cruising gear without it having a dramatic effect on her performance. Most of today's sailboats intended for offshore cruising fall into this displacement category.
4. Ted Brewer's Comfort Ratio of 22.7 suggests that crew comfort of a Maxi 1000 in a seaway is similar to what you would associate with the motion of a coastal cruiser with moderate stability, which is not the best of news for anyone prone to seasickness.
5. The Capsize Screening Formula (CSF) of 1.9 indicates that a Maxi 1000 would be a safer choice of sailboat for an ocean passage than one with a CSF of more than 2.0.
Jun 07, 23 01:51 AM
Jun 04, 23 08:32 AM
Jun 04, 23 06:26 AM