'Opus', a Beneteau Oceanis 393 for Sale
(by her former owner)
Our Beneteau Oceanis 393 'Opus' is a fully equipped bluewater sailing vessel that has crossed the Atlantic three times and has been cruising the Caribbean for the last 15 years, where we are now offering her for sale.
SORRY, NOW SOLD!
For more boats like this one that are currently for sale please go to
Cruising Sailboats for Sale...
Although this boat is no longer available, the pics and text are retained here for the benefit of anyone researching this particular make/model of sailboat.
Asking Price and previous owner's contact details have been deleted.
'Opus', our Beneteau Oceanis 393
'Opus' comes with manuals for all major systems and equipment as well as receipts for all major purchases for the last 15 years or so. 'Opus' is registered in Canada and as such the European VAT has not been paid.
'Opus' is a Category A rated vessel for up to 8 passengers and is fully equipped for long voyages including hydraulic autopilot, extensive storage capacity, a watermaker, fridge, deep ice box and all lines running back to the cockpit.
When under motor power the 55hp Yanmar can push the boat up to 7.5 knots but when motoring we almost always cruise at 2,000rpm which makes 5 knots while consuming 3 litres of diesel per hour.
Anti-fouling paint and new zincs in November 2022. No delamination or blistering was discovered.
'Opus' is currently sailing through Guadeloupe and Antigua and will be heading back to Grenada in Mid-June 2023. As such it is viewable via video call or wherever we currently are cruising.
She can be delivered to anywhere in the Windward islands if a purchase agreement can be settled before mid-June. Please contact us if you are interested in viewing 'Opus' and/or making an offer.
Published Specification for the Beneteau Oceanis 393
Design Category: A
Underwater Profile: Fin keel with winglets & spade rudder
Hull Material: GRP (Fiberglass)
Length Overall: 38'2" (11.6m)
Waterline Length: 35'1" (10.7m)
Beam: 13'0" (4.0m)
Draft: 5'1" (1.6m)
Rig Type: Masthead sloop
Displacement: 17,152lb (7,780kg)
'Opus' is a 2001 two cabin/two head ‘Owners’ version'
From Bow to Stern...
The forward head...
The double berth forward on the port side...
There's a forward seating area on the starboard side opposite the double berth...
The main cabin looking forward...
Plenty of stowage lockers opposite on the starboard side of the main cabin...
The navigation station on the starboard side of the main cabin...
The galley is at the foot of the companionway on the port side...
The aft head is at the foot of the companionway on the starboard side...
The double berth in the aft cabin is orientated athwartships
The Beneteau Oceanis 393 is an aft-cockpit design...
The helmsman's view forward...
The Dodger (aka Sprayhood) protects the companionway and the cockpit occupants from the elements...
The Yanmar 4JH3E 55hp with 2,996 hours. Fully serviced in December 2022 including oil change, fuel and oil filters, and new heat exchanger. It is supplied by a 132-litre fuel tank. The shaft seal is dripless and was replaced in January 2023.
The Propeller is a 3-bladed feathering J-Prop
Sails, Rigging & Canvas
'Opus' is equipped with a mainsail, 140% genoa, a gennaker (with permanent bow sprit hardware), a spinnaker, and a roller furling staysail with running backstays.
Standing Rigging: Stainless steel wire replaced in 2015.
- Main sail, Dacron, 2015 in good condition comes with stackpack, lazy jacks, and gybe preventer;
- 140% genoa in serviceable condition;
- Staysail: 2007 in excellent condition comes with roller furling and running backstays;
- Genniker in good condition comes with bowsprit, secondary control blocks, and running lines;
- Spinnaker in good condition. Aluminum spinnaker pole, deck mounted;
- 2x Lewmar 48ST self-tailing sheet winches and 2x Lewmar 40T self-tailing halyard winches.
Canvas: Dodger (new 2019), bimini with removable side covers (new 2019), and complete boat cover for winter storage (2011). Covers for all hatches including mosquito nets.
- Main anchor: 20kg plough anchor in good condition with 55m of 10mm high test galvanized chain (chain new in February 2023).
- Secondary anchor: 20kg delta anchor with 10m of 10mm galvanized chain and several hundred feet of nylon rope.
- Tertiary anchor: Large aluminum anchor with 150’ of rope rode.
- Anchor Windlass: Lofrans Cayman 88 with foot switches and remote control.
- 220V 50Hz AC system throughout;
- Engine start battery – 100Ah (new Nov 2022);
- House batteries – 3 x 105Ah = 315Ah (New Nov 2022);
- Xantrex battery monitor;
- Victron Phoenix 12/375W inverter;
- Victron Centaur 12/30A shore power charger;
- LED interior and navigation lighting throughout.
Solar Power: 2 x 180W panels = 360W (New Feb 2023).
Generator: Gasoline Honda EU20i portable inverter type - 2kW 220V 50Hz. Runs well.
- Raymarine autopilot with direct hydraulic linkage to rudder post;
- B&G depth sounder and water temperature sensor;
- Raymarine anemometer and wind gauge;
- Furuno 1622 radar;
- AIS radar;
- Icom IC-M502 VHF radio;
- Icom IC-718 SSB radio with SCS PTC-IIex modem. Radio installed and powers up but needs SSB antenna (cable already run, previous owner removed it);
- Panasonic AM/FM stereo with CD player and auxiliary input.
Stove: Eno 2 burner butane stove c/w 5 butane tanks for fuel storage.
Refrigeration: Main fridge with small freezer section (Serviced with new refrigerant charge in Nov 2022). Secondary deep icebox with storage baskets.
Heat: Diesel furnace forced air system throughout interior (Needs to be recommissioned after many years in the tropics)
Water tanks: 2 x 250 litres = 500 litres total
Watermaker: Desalinator D60 with 480 hours. Membranes and high-pressure manifolds replaced in February 2023.
Holding tank: 90 liters.
Tender & Outboard Engine
Tender: 10’ AB Hypalon dinghy with aluminum hull (Fully refurbished in February 2023). Equipped with oars and small Danforth anchor complete with stainless steel chain.
Outboard: Nissan 9.8hp 2 stroke outboard (new in February 2023) complete with 12-litre fuel tank that fits in the bow locker.
'Opus’s tender is rigged to hang from the large aluminum stern arch for security and for long passages.
General and Safety Equipment
- 6 fenders, one ball fender, anchor bridle, and full set of dock lines;
- Cleaning and lubrication supplies;
- Full set of hand tools as well as a jig saw;
- A selection of spare parts;
- Life jackets: 2 self-inflating and 4 horseshoe type;
- Coast guard compliant flares as well as expired spares;
- Expired EPIRB;
- Radar reflector;
- Man-overboard pole and horseshoe life ring with buoyant line5 assorted jerry cans;
- Water filling filter.
'Opus' comes fully equipped with dishes, utensils, pots, pans, glasses, mugs, Italian coffee maker etc.
She also includes towels, sheets, dish towels/cloths, pillows etc.
In fact, everything you need to get cruising!
Nov 29, 23 08:35 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!
Nov 10, 23 02:34 AM
My 47' Cheoy Lee sailboat is for sale. Designed by Bill Luders, she is a beautiful and functional liveaboard cruising yacht.
Oct 30, 23 04:22 PM
This article explores the journey of chartering a sailing yacht, from the initial planning stages to the final touches. It provides insight into the joys and challenges of embarking on a voyage of dis…