'Barefoot 2', a Catalina 36 for Sale
'Barefoot 2' is a 36 ft sloop, Catalina from 1984. Made in the US, by Catalina Yacht. This model was designed by Frank Butler and introduced in 1982. A total of 1766 examples were produced until 1994, when they introduced the Mk2 version.
'Barefoot 2', a Catalina 36 Mk1 Tall Rig version from 1984
The boat is currently located in Grenada with possibility to deliver to surrounding islands. 'Barefoot 2' is the fin keel tall rig version of the Catalina 36 MK1. I am a solo sailor and did my best to optimize the boat for safe and practical solo sailing.
It has benefited many improvements and lots of care during the last few years both by the previous owners and me. Especially during these covid times. Interior and exterior upholstery has just been redone. Everything is in working condition. And the boat is ready to go.
Barefoot's navigation station
I bought 'Barefoot 2' in February 2020, in Cayman Islands, where it was previously sailed from the US between 2018 and 2020. The boat is duty cleared/paid for the Cayman Islands and was previously registered in Canada.
I bought the boat to complete my sailing expedition through the Caribbean, which has come to an end now that I arrived in Grenada. The boat has sailed 4,000nm from the us to Cayman Island between 2018 and 2019 with the previous owners.
I have myself sailed about 3,000nm with 'Barefoot 2' since I bought it, from Cayman Islands to Grenada.
The boat comes with a 11ft Zodiac Hypalon and aluminum bottom dinghy from 2020 and a 15hp Yamaha 2 stroke (2018). A front locker was added and a sunbrella cover.
Barefoot's 11' dinghy and 15hp motor
The new value of such a dinghy is above $7,000 alone, which is reflected in the price asked.
Barefoot's interior, looking forward
Underwater Profile: Fin keel with spade rudder
Hull Material: GRP (Fibreglass)
Length Overall: 36'4" (11.1m)
Waterline Length: 30'3" (9.2m)
Beam: 11'11" (3.6m)
Draft: 5'10" (1.8m)
Rig Type: Masthead Sloop
Displacement: 13,500 lb (6,123 kg)
Number of berths: 6/7
Number of cabins: 2
Engine: 30hp Universal 25
Fuel: 33 gallons (125 litre)
Water: 48 gallons (180 litre)
Holding tank: 15 gallons
Designer: Frank Butler
Builder: Catalina Yachts (USA)
- 400 watts Solar panel 4x100W (one panel has shattered glass but is still in working order)
- 2 x Solar charge controller, 1 Victron Mppt 75/15 - 1 WindyNation
- 400watts Wind generator + charge controller and switch break.
- Victron 220V Pure Sine wave inverter Phoenix 12/800 - New July 2020
- Windy Nation 120V inverter 1500w
- Fridge - Isotherm Compact Magnum Danfoss BD50F, Water cooled compressor. 2018 new pump 2021
- AIS receiver Nasa Marine - Engine 3
- Chartplotter Raymarine A57D
- Glomex for split VHF-AIS receiving
- 120 v Promariner Prosport12 Dual battery charger (20A)
- Pyle Marine grade stereo + speaker (August 2020)
- Washdown deck pump for seasalt water 3.5bar - Jabsco (New 2020)
- Electric head, Jabsco 37010 (2019)
- Macerator pump Jabsco 18590 for black water thank (2018)
- Fresh water pump Pentair Shurflo AquaKingII (2018)
- Simard wheelpilot WP30
- Depthsounder new 2018
- 1 Hybrid dual purpose AGM starting Battery 2018
- Battery Bank 1 - 315AH lead Acid (3x groupe 27 Trojan 2019)
- Battery Bank 2 - 100AH AGM battery 2018
- Standard Horizon intrepid+ VHF
- Handheld VHF
Rig & Equipment:
- Universal 25 motor. With 1900, hours. Works great.
- 70Amp alternator 2019.
- Bottom paint made in 2018.
- 1 New mainsail August 2020 - Ulmans Sails, full batten, 3 reefs. (like new, barely used)
- 1 Genoa furling headsail 150%.
- 1 Jib curling headsail. Good condition.
- 1 Storm sail.
- Spare emergency mainsail.
- Spinnaker and spinnaker pole.
- Roller furler Profurl NC40 - New furler bearing replaced 2020
- Bimini and Sprayhood 2018
- 4 lower shrouds replaced new August 2020.
- Full Rigging inspection and tuning August 2020.
- Kuuma Gas BBQ grill 2018 + propane Fiberglass thank.
- Alcohol pressured Hillerange stove, with 2 burners and 1 oven. Works great
- 50 meter chain - 10mm
- Rocna Anchor (2018)
- Fortress FX-16 emergency/spare anchor with extra 11m chain
- dinghy anchor with 2 meters of Stainless Steel chain.
Extra equipment that is aboard but not yet installed:
- 220v Victron Energy battery charger (2019 - not installed)
- Clipper BM1 dual battery monitor
- Wind Vane Sailomat 3040 - All-mechanical servo-pendulum self-steering for all cruising and passage-making sailboats 24-50 feet LOA. Needs some maintenance before being installed but could be a valuable add to the boat. I didn’t install it myself as I had other priorities to attend but would have been if I’d keep the boat.
- Vertical electric Windlass. The windlass is working and made to accept the 10mm chain I have on the boat, but I didn’t install it yet.
- 1 extra VHF - Standard Horizon Eclipse DSC+
May 16, 22 04:32 AM
Interested in the Etap 32i sailboat? Here are the pics, specs and performance predictions you're looking for...
May 15, 22 10:55 AM
Interested in the X-332 sailboat? Here are the pics, specs and performance predictions you're looking for...
May 14, 22 06:47 AM
Interested in the Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 44 sailboat? Here are the pics, specs and performance predictions you're looking for...