The Jeanneau Sun Kiss 47, an aft cockpit cutter, was designed by Philippe Briand and built in France by Jeanneau.
Underwater Configuration: Fin keel & spade rudder
Hull Material: GRP (Fibreglass)
Length Overall: 47'5" (14.5m)
Waterline Length: 37'3" (11.4m)
Beam 14'4" (4.4m)
Draft: 8'10" (2.7m)
Rig Type: Cutter
Displacement: 25,353lb (11,500kg)
Designer: Philippe Briand
Builder: Jeanneau (France)
Year First Built: 1983
Year Last Built: 1989
Number Built: 315
Owners Association: Jeanneau Owners Network
1. Sail Area/Displacement Ratio: 15.1
2. Ballast/Displacement Ratio: 40.0
3. Displacement/Length Ratio: 219
4. Comfort Ratio: 27.9
5. Capsize Screening Formula: 2.0
1. A Sail Area/Displacement Ratio of 15.1 suggests that the Jeanneau Sun Kiss 47 will need a stiff breeze to get her going. In light conditions, unless you've got plenty of time on your hands, motor-sailing may be the way to go.
2. A Ballast/Displacement Ratio of 40.0 means that the Jeanneau Sun Kiss 47 will initially stand up reasonably well to her canvas in a moderate breeze, but she'll need a reef in the main to avoid heeling excessively in a gust.
3. A Displacement/Length Ratio of 219, tells us the Jeanneau Sun Kiss 47 is a moderate displacement cruiser, which means she'll carry all your cruising gear without it having a dramatic effect on her performance. Most of today's sailboats intended for offshore cruising fall into this displacement category.
4. Ted Brewer's Comfort Ratio of 27.9 suggests that crew comfort of a Jeanneau Sun Kiss 47 in a seaway is similar to what you would associate with the motion of a coastal cruiser with moderate stability, which is not encouraging news for anyone prone to seasickness.
5. The Capsize Screening Formula (CSF) of 2.0 indicates that a Jeanneau Sun Kiss 47 would not be the wisest choice of sailboat for ocean passage-making owing to the lower resistance to capsize in strong winds and heavy seas that is associated with sailboats with a CSF of 2.0 and above.
Jun 07, 23 01:51 AM
Jun 04, 23 08:32 AM
Jun 04, 23 06:26 AM