'Celtic Warrior II', a Moody 33 Mk1 for Sale
SORRY, NOW SOLD!
For more boats like this one that are currently for sale please go to
Cruising Sailboats for Sale...
Although this boat is no longer available, the pics and text are retained here for the benefit of anyone researching this particular make/model of sailboat.
The Moody 33 is very spacious for her size, accommodating up to 7 people. 'Celtic Warrior II' is a centre cockpit cruiser recently returned from a trip to the Canary Islands from the UK and is currently in Gibraltar. She has been upgraded and meticulously maintained and is one of the better boats on the market in this price range.
'Celtic Warrior II', a Moody 33
'Celtic Warrior II' has been upgraded and meticulously maintained and is one of the better boats on the market in this price range. Major upgrades included:
- 400W of solar panels on Victron charge controllers
- Raymarine Type 1 Linear Drive autopilot
- LeeSan Marine Electric Toilet
- VesperMarine AIS
- Reconditioned Volvo Penta Engine with only 340 hours.
- Stripped back to almost bare hull to create maximum space inside the boat with lots of insulation - ensuring comfy living!
Published Specification for the Moody 33 MkI
Length Overall: 33'0" (10.1m)
Waterline Length: 28'6" (8.7m)
Beam: 11'6" (3.5m)
Draft: 4'5" (1.35m)
Rig Type: Masthead sloop
Displacement: 10,523lb (4,773kg)
Designer: Angus Primrose
Builder: Marine Projects (UK)
Country of Registration: United Kingdom
More specs and key performance indicators...
A V-berth in the forepeak
- Axon fuse panel
- Starter battery - Lion Battery 100aH 2020
- 2 12v VETUS AGMs - 200aH total (+starter)
- Alternator 45A - 2021, spare alternator provided
- 2x175W Victron Monocystalline, Model in series on Victron MPPT 2022
- 50W Flexible Solar panel on Spectra PWM 2020.
- Sterling power ProChargeUltra AC charge controller 2019 - warranty until 2024
- A Victron Cyrix-Ct was installed in 2020 to preferentially charge the engine starter battery
The double berth in the aft cabin
- Log: NASA Target 2 2021
- Depth: NASA Target 2 2021
- Autopilot: Raymarine Type 1 Linear Drive 2021 - professionally installed with 3 year warranty
- AIS: Vesper Marine XB8000 2021
- Charter plotter: Garmin GPSmap 172C - English Channel and Bay of Biscay
- VHF: Standard Horizon ECLIPSE GX1400 2021
- VHF Handheld: Standard Horzion HX890 - GPS and DSC 2021
- Navigation Lights - Tricolor and Anchor - 2021, Deck/Steaming lights - LED 2021
- All cabin lights LED from 2020.
- 5 USBs in Cabin, 1 in Forepeak and 1 in Aft cabin
- Samsung A40 tablet with mounts in cockpit and on binnacle for pilotage
- All lines tucked into sail bags or pulled into mast to prevent UV damage wherever possible.
- Gold anodised proctor mast - original - gooseneck replaced with high grade 6061 aluminium alloy - May 2022
- Standing rigging - Sep 2021
- Running rigging mostly replaced 2021
- Spinnaker pole - unknown age
- Rotastay Genoa furler
- Topping lift 2021
- Main halyard 2021
- Genoa halyard 2021
- Second Genoa halyard 2021
- Spinnaker Halyard 2021 - Tylaska snap shackle
The galley with a stainless-steel sink and fridge under
- Main - older main from Moody 31 - Shore Sails (Southampton)
- Main 2 - Original mainsail - panels need resewing - good template for new sails
- Genoa 1 - Older genoa with replaced UV strip 2021 - slight tear in UV strip at level of shroud - lots of beating from the Canaries!
- Genoa 2 - Recut smaller genoa from newer material with UV strip 2021
- Jib - working jib - WG Lucas & Son
- Spinnaker - bought secondhand 2021
- Jackstays 2021 - Removed when not sailing to prevent UV damage
- Windows - aft cabin professionally resealed 2021, all windows except in aft cabin reglazed 2019
- New sprayhood and sail bag 2021
- Winch covers - 2016
- Compass - Plastimo 2018
- Engine panel Volvo Penta - 2018
- Anchor - 16kg Delta
- Chain - 18m 8mm galvanised steel
- Rode - 32m Nylon 3 strand 18mm 2022
- Upsized shackles Galvanised steel 2022
- Spare anchor - Danforth 20kg
- Major professional re-glassing around rudder stock - Skeg massively strengthened - €4,000 alone
- Keel bolts original
- Hull epoxy painted 2019
- Bilge painted 2019
- Anodes replaced Mar 2022
- Meticulously maintained, all diesel filtered before entry into tank, tank cleaned 2021, oil filters and oil replaced since leaving Morocco.
- Make: Volvo Penta
- Model: MD-2030
- Hours: 340
- Year: Reconditioned and installed 2018
- New dripless seal 2018
- New plastic fuel tank 108L 2018
- New braided fuelling hose 2022
- Fixed 3 blade prop 2018
- Torque rods, overhauled 2020.
- New acetyl rudder bearings 2022
- Tiller arm weld for autopilot 2022
- Skin fittings DZR - replaced 2020
- Jabsco Parmax 2.9 freshwater pump
- Lee San SaniMarine Comfort Plus Electric toilet 2020 5 year warranty
- All hoses new 2018
- Bilge pump - Rule automatic 1100GPH in engine compartment 2022
- Manual whale gusher
- Cabin bilge pump on switch board 2019
- Freshwater tank size?
- Calorifier in engine bay 2020 - needs to be plumbed-in
- New cushions 2020
- Complete carpentry overhaul 2020 - over £1500 spent
- Plastimo hob and grill - 2018
- Dometic Fridge CRX0050 2018
- Forepeak new memory foam mattress 2021
- Aft cabin new memory foam mattresses 2021 - new LED lights 2021
- After cabin carpentry redone 2019 - much more space than original design
- Horseshoe buoy - unknown age
- 2 VHF
- Ocean safety offshore flare pack expiry 12/2025
- Soft wooden bungs with mallet at all seacocks
- Bolt cutters
- Grab bags
- Emergency tiller steering
- 3 Bilge pumps total 2000GPH
- Jackstays 2021
- Boom Preventer
Nearly £14,000 of upgrades over the last 10 months.
Suggested upgrades would be a good lick of paint and new sails, perhaps a JonBuoy and she would be ready to cross the Atlantic Ocean.
Nov 30, 22 01:59 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!
Nov 27, 22 06:38 AM
Increasingly, offshore sailboat skippers are choosing moderate displacement hull forms in preference to heavier vessels when planning for an ocean crossing. And here's why...
Nov 22, 22 05:09 AM
Medium sized cruising yachts like these are often the sailboat of choice for short-handed crews, and if properly equipped and maintained, will take long offshore voyages in their stride.