'Sirius', a Beneteau Oceanis 46 Family Version for Sale
I am selling my 2009 Beneteau Oceanis 46 'Sirius', the sailboat that changed my life. She's the 4-cabin Family version and is currently located in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
'Sirius' is turnkey ready to go anywhere you like. She's in a great location, from where you can head north to the Sea of Cortez, or south and go to the Caribbean via Panama Canal, or even do a long jump to French Polynesia and beyond. I'm also happy to discuss delivery with her new owner. We have tried to keep her as well maintained as possible, adding upgrades as we go along.
Beneteau Oceanis 46 Specification:
Underwater Configuration: Bulb fin keel with spade rudder
Hull Material: GRP (Fibreglass)
Length Overall: 46'0"
Waterline Length: 40'0"
Rig Type: Fractional sloop
Designer: Berret Racoupeau Design
Builder: Beneteau (France)
Year First Built: 2007
- Bimini, new 2019;
- Cockpit cushions;
- Outboard Motor arm, new 2021;
- Electric Windlass, rewound 2020;
- Swimming Ladder;
- Cockpit Shower.
A spacious cockpit
The salon sports a new teak table and has the navigation station situated at the forward end.
The main salon
The Linear Galley is on the port side of the salon, and is provided with:
- Gas oven with 2 burners;
- Gas detector 2021;
- 2x 5kg bottles;
- Double sink;
- Seawater foot pump;
- 150L fridge 2021 Isotherm 12v;
- 35L Dometic fridge/freezer 12v.
The Linear Galley
Head & Shower
- Master cabin has ensuite facilities;
- 2 heads with manual Jacob flush toilets.
The head compartment
The shower compartment
Sails & Rigging
- Fully battened slab reefing mainsail with 4 reef points (2018);
- 120% genoa, new 2019;
- Lazy bag;
- Lazy jacks;
- New rigging 2018.
Furling gear on the headsail and slab reefing and lazyjacks for the mainsail
Engine: Yanmar 4JH4TE 75hp
- 3,000hrs approximately;
- 3 blade Flexofold propellor (2018);
- Shaft drive;
- Compression test in 2020 was good;
- New lift pump 2020;
- Spare oil/fuel filters;
- Spare alternator;
- Spare starter motor;
- New Lasdrop shaft seal 2020.
- Airmar DST800 sounder;
- Raymarine wind instruments, 2018
- Axiom plotter with separate scroll controller and spare still in box, 2021;
- Evo1 autopilot with hydraulic ram, 2019;
- Separate unit new in box mechanical drive;
- Plastimo compass;
- Raymarine 50 VHF, 2018;
- New VHF antenna cable 2020;
- AIS 650B 2018;
- Raymarine Quantum Radar 2018;
- I70 MFD 2021;
- Spare antenna splitter for AIS;
- Entire system inter-connected via Seatalk.
- Honda 1kw portable generator;
- 4x solar panels - 2x 280watt Jasolar, 1x Xantrex 100watt 1x Victron 140watt;
- 4 Victron blue solar MPPT controllers;
- Hydro generator 600watt 2021;
- Pure sine wave inverter 1200watts;
- Dolphin 40amp chargers 2x;
- Spectra desalinator watermaker 30LPH new 2021 with spare housing for 20LPH;
- Electric bilge pump;
- Victron BMV702 with Bluetooth connectivity;
- Hot water 50L;
- New starter and house batteries (690ah) September 2023 ;
- Deawoo 3kg washing machine;
- Victron isolation transformer 3kv.
- 3.10m Gemini rib;
- 15hp Tohatsu 4stroke;
- 5hp Yamaha endurance 2-stroke;
- Mcmurdo EPIRB 2025 battery date;
- Liferaft Viking 6-man, service end 29/11/2022;
- Sea drogues and sea anchors;
- 100m of 14mm polyprop floating rope on a reel at stern;
- Autopilot quadrant new 2018.
'Sirius' comes loaded with tools and many spares
Based on Published Design Ratios for the Beneteau Oceanis 46:
- Her Sail Area/Displacement Ratio of 17.3 suggests that she will, in the right conditions, approach her maximum hull speed readily and satisfy the performance expectations of most cruising sailors.
- Her Ballast/Displacement Ratio of 27.6 would usually mean that she would have a tendency to heel uncomfortably in a gust, and need to be reefed early to keep her sailing upright in a moderate breeze. However, as she has much of her ballast concentrated in a bulb at the foot of her keel, she's likely to be considerably stiffer than her published Ballast/Displacement Ratio might suggest.
- Her Displacement/Length Ratio of 162 tells us she is a light displacement sailboat. If she's loaded with too much heavy cruising gear her performance will suffer to a degree.
- Ted Brewer's Comfort Ratio of 25.5 suggests that crew comfort in a seaway is similar to what you would associate with the motion of a coastal cruiser with moderate stability.
More about Design Ratios...
Nov 29, 23 08:35 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!
Nov 10, 23 02:34 AM
My 47' Cheoy Lee sailboat is for sale. Designed by Bill Luders, she is a beautiful and functional liveaboard cruising yacht.
Oct 30, 23 04:22 PM
This article explores the journey of chartering a sailing yacht, from the initial planning stages to the final touches. It provides insight into the joys and challenges of embarking on a voyage of dis…