The Jouet Regent 27 Sailboat
The Jouet Regent 27, a masthead sloop, was designed by Jean-Pierre Jouët and built in France by Yachting France.
Hardly a breath of wind to drive this Jouet Regent 27...
Published Specification for the Jouet Regent
Underwater Configuration: Fin with spade rudder
Hull Material: GRP (fibreglass)
Length Overall 27' 5" / 8.4m
Waterline Length: 21' 6" / 6.6m
Beam: 8' 2" / 2.5m
Draft: 4' 6" / 1.4m
Rig Type: Masthead Sloop
Displacement: 7,055lb / 3,200kg
Designer: Jean-Pierre Jouët
Builder: Jouet (France)
Year First Built: 1966
Published Design Ratios for the Jouet Regent
1. Sail Area/Displacement Ratio: 16.5
- Less than 16 would be considered under-powered;
- 16 to 20 would indicate reasonably good performance;
- Over 20 suggests relatively high performance.
2. Ballast/Displacement Ratio: ?
- Under 40: less stiff, less powerful
- Over 40: stiffer, more powerful
3. Displacement/Length Ratio: 317
- Under 100: Ultralight
- 100 to 200: Light
- 200 to 275: Moderate
- 275 to 350: Heavy
- Over 350: Ultraheavy
4. Comfort Ratio: 28.5
- Under 20 indicates a lightweight racing boat
- 20 to 30 indicates a coastal cruiser
- 30 to 40 indicates a moderate offshore cruising boat
- 40 to 50 indicates a heavy offshore boat
- Over 50 indicates an extremely heavy offshore boat
5. Capsize Screening Formula: 1.7
- Under 2.0 (the lower the better): Better suited for ocean passages
- Over 2.0: Less suited for ocean passages
read more about these all-revealing numbers...
Summary Analysis of the Design Ratios for the Jouët Regent
A Sail Area/Displacement Ratio of 16.5 suggests that the Jouet Regent will approach her maximum hull speed readily and satisfy the sailing performance expectations of most cruising sailors.
A Displacement/Length Ratio of 317, tells us she's clearly a heavy displacement cruising boat. You can load her down with all your cruising gear and equipment and it will hardly affect her waterline. Not an ideal choice for coastal sailing, but will come into her own on an offshore passage in testing conditions.
Ted Brewer's Comfort Ratio of 28.5 suggests that crew comfort in a seaway is similar to what you would associate with the motion of a coastal cruiser, which is not encouraging news for anyone prone to seasickness.
Her Capsize Screening Formula of 1.7 tells us that she would be a better choice of sailboat for ocean passage-making than one with a CS rating of more than 2.0.
Sailboats in the Jouët range include the:
- Jouët 1040
- Jouët 1080
- Jouët 1280
- Jouët 1300
- Jouët 17
- Jouët 18
- Jouët 20
- Jouët 22
- Jouët 23
- Jouët 24
- Jouët 26
- Jouët 32
- Jouët 37
- Jouët 550
- Jouët 600
- Jouët 680
- Jouët 760
- Jouët 820
- Jouët 920
- Jouët 940 MS
- Jouët 950
- Jouët Caprice
- Jouët Fandango 33
- Jouët Golif
- Jouët Regent
- Jouët Tarentelle
- Jouët Tiburon
- Jouët Triton
May 16, 22 04:32 AM
Interested in the Etap 32i sailboat? Here are the pics, specs and performance predictions you're looking for...
May 15, 22 10:55 AM
Interested in the X-332 sailboat? Here are the pics, specs and performance predictions you're looking for...
May 14, 22 06:47 AM
Interested in the Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 44 sailboat? Here are the pics, specs and performance predictions you're looking for...