'Kipperhips', a 1981 Moody 33s for Sale
'Kipperhips' is a bilge-keeled version of the Moody 33s sloop rig cruiser designed by Angus Primrose, and built in the UK by Marine Projects Ltd. She's currently berthed in Cardiff, Wales UK.
The Moody 33s is an aft-cockpit version of the centre-cockpit Moody 33
Published Specification for the Moody 33s
Length Overall: 33'0" (10.1m)
Waterline Length: 28'6" (8.7m)
Beam: 11'6" (3.5m)
Draft: 4'5" (1.4m)
Displacement: 10,523lb (4,773kg)
More specs & Key Performance Indicators...
Galley at the foot of the companionway on the port side
- Neptune gas cooker with oven, grill and 2 burners
- Coolmatic fridge 12v compressor with ice block compartment.
- Sink with hot and cold water. Also fresh water foot pump.
The saloon, looking forward into the forecabin
A double berth in the forecabin
- LED lighting throughout.
- Re upholstered in 2019.
- Water tanks port and starboard plus flexible tank in bow under forepeak, hot water is via calorifier and 240v immersion heater.
- Cabin diesel heater (2020)
- Jabsco manual toilet (2019)
The saloon is well ventilated by the deck hatch
- 12volt via 3 110amp house batteries new in 2021, charger via 200amp flexible solar panels new in oct 2021 through a controller.
- Rutland 913 wind generator through a Marlec controller.
- Battery monitor, clipper BM1
- 240volt feed via hook up serving sockets in salon and aft cabin/nav-station.
The navigation station is at the foot of the companionway on the starboard side
- B&G Vulcan 7” new in 2021
- Standard Horizon chart plotter.
- Wind NASA Clipper wireless, (2019)
- Log NASA Clipper speed and distance,
- Depth via Eagle Strata 128 Fishfinder.
- Autohelm ST4000.
- Radar JCR 3000.
- Fixed Plastimo magnetic compass
- VHF fixed Standard Horizon AIS and GPS GX2200E, (2019) with cockpit speaker.
- Remote handset Standard Horizon Ram 3+ (2022)
- AIS Em-Trak B923 class b (new 2022) connected to NMEA 2000 Backbone and the B&G Vulcan.
The head and shower cubicle
- Seago 4-man liferaft (last serviced Aug 2020.)
- Echomax active-passive Radar reflector.
- EPERB Global fix V4 406MHz GPS (2022).
- 3 fire extinguisher (2019)
- Carbon monoxide alarm (2020)
- Smoke detector
- Gas alarm SF detection.
- 1 manual bilge pump
- 2 electric bilge pumps
Engine access is behind the companionway steps
- Serviced 2022
- Fuel system completely stripped and new filters fitted 2021
- Raw water pump impeller 2022
- 4 Diesel glow plugs replaced 2022
The hard dodger and canvas bimini provide good protection from the elements
- Anchor 45lb CQR connect to 40m of 10mm chain plus 30m of rode.
- Warps x 6
- Fenders x 8
- Manual windlass SL Hyspeed
- Winches at mast Lewmar 7 single speed.
- Winches in cockpit Lewmar 2 speed.
- Kemp foresail serviced 2022
- Mainsail serviced 2022. 2 reefing points
- Cruising Shute
- Lazy bag
- New running rigging 2022
- Keel bolt withdrawn and checked May 2018
- Through-hull fittings removed and reseated May 2018
- Anti-fouled Feb 2022
- Bimini new in 2022
- GRP spray hood/canopy (Doghouse)
Jun 07, 23 01:51 AM
Looking for used sailboats for sale that are capable of crossing an ocean? These cruising yachts are already in the Caribbean, but what are the risks and benefits of buying out there?
Jun 04, 23 08:32 AM
If you're looking for a unique Bluewater Cruising Yacht for sale in the Caribbean, then 'Shindig' is certainly worth a look...
Jun 04, 23 06:26 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!