'Celebration', a Morgan 415 Out Island Ketch for Sale
Currently located St Petersburg, Florida, USA
'Celebration' is one of the nicer well-maintained 1979’ Morgan Out Island 415’s. We have owned and loved her for over 12 years and lived aboard for 10 of those years. We have sailed her all over the Gulf of Mexico and spent summers in the Bahamas. For us, it’s time to move on to a yacht more suitable to our age. We're presently shopping for a trawler and will consider trades.
'Celebration' a Morgan 415 Out Island ketch under full sail
Whether it’s a childhood dream or too much rum at a Jimmy Buffet concert we have all desired what sailing has to offer. The freedom, blue water, fishing, swimming and the mandatory gin and tonic at sunset are just some of the things you can experience.
The added benefit is the people you meet at the dock or anchored on the same small island. Sailboaters are in general a good group of people wanting to enjoy the simple pleasures that sailing offers. When needed, there seems to always be someone there offering help.
'Celebration' is a ketch-rigged Morgan 415 designed by the legendary Charley Morgan. They get the nickname of 'Reef Buster' legitimately. There are over 1,000 of these lovely boats still sailing and this model hasn’t been built since the early 80’s. It has a spacious well laid out interior with plenty of headroom and enough storage to easily provision for six months to a year.
The Morgan 415 Out Island is designed to sleep six, but we have stuck to the following: Drinks for six, dinner for four and sleeps two. We keep the V-berth open for grandkids and other visitors.
Celebration's double berth
'Celebration' is fully equipped with everything required to cruise the beautiful waters around Tampa Bay or anywhere else you want to go. Everything stays with the boat. A very comfortable live aboard cruiser that is move-in ready. Do your research. This is one of the nicer well maintained 415’s.
A Mercury dinghy with a 15HP Yamaha four-stroke. Dishes, bedding, lifejackets, all electronics, chart plotter, VHF, EPIRB and so many options I can’t remember them all. I have included a list of upgrades and features at the end of this article.
All this boat needs is you!
The Morgan 415 Out Island Ketch has the reputation of being the "largest 41’ sailboat available”. With large cabins fore and aft and a spacious salon, she’s a great fit for live aboard or extended passages. Being Ketch rigged she has plenty of sail options to be single-handed or crewed with ease.
General Specifications for the Morgan 415 Out Island Ketch
1979 Morgan Out Island 415 Center Cockpit, Full Keel Ketch rigged Sailboat:
- Length Overall: 41’3”
- Length Waterline: 34’0"
- Beam: 13’10”
- Air Draft: 57’0" from water line
- Draft: 4’2”
- Gross tonnage: 21.97 tons
- Displacement: 27,000 lbs
- Lead Ballast: 9,000 lbs
- Diesel engine: Perkins 4-154 Diesel 62 hp
- Fuel Tank (aluminum): 138 Gallons
- Water: 170 gallons, combined between two tanks.
- 130% Fore Sail: 541 sq. ft.
- Mainsail: 254 sq. ft.
- Mizzen: 122 sq. ft
- Total: 917 sq. ft
We have put over 2,000 hours on the engine. All oil changes were done on the 100 Hour mark. She will use 1 quart of oil between changes and has never failed to start within the first revolution. In calm weather she will do 6½ knots at 2000 RPM while burning under a gallon an hour of diesel.
Celebration's long keel and well-protected rudder
Upgrades and Features
- Fresh water pump
- Shower sump pump
- Air Head composting toilet Rear Head in master stateroom
- Jabsco electric toilet with built in macerator Forward head
- New Shower faucets and hardware Forward head
- New Bottom paint 4/2021
- Top and sides painted 3 to 4 years ago.
- Anchorman Power 1200 Windlass 24 vdc two new 12V batteries isolated to 24 volts
- Winches upgraded to Harken self-tailing.
- Stainless steel boom vangs on both masts
- Martek Dinghy Davits with bracing
- 1 Step fender
- 4 new large fenders color matched Green
- Mantus 46# Anchor 200 foot of chain. Chain is due to be replaced “4 years old”
- New Kiwi Prop 3 blade feathering.
- Backup CQR 45# anchor
- Many new lines, Halyard, jacklines, etc. All running rigging runs back into the cockpit. This is a unique upgrade for this model.
- Rebuilt Salon hatch, New lens, hinge and seal
- New Cockpit cushions
- New interior mattresses and solon seating. Master mattress is 12” four density layers
- Bimini and complete cockpit enclosure
- New Holding tank 12 ga.
- LPG locker, with protection shutoffs and venting Coast Guard approved with electronic shut off
- 2 Aluminum 2 Gallon LPG tanks
- Raymarine eS78 Multi-Function Display with CHIRP Down Vision chart plotter Navionics charts for North America and Bahama’s
- Raymarine CPT 80 Thru-hull Transducer
- Raymarine 18” Digital Radome RD418D
- Autohelm ST8001 Autopilot
- Standard Horizon GX2350S VHF Radio
- Kenwood KMR D3826BT Stereo with 4, 6” speakers 2, 6X9 Triaxle speakers in the cockpit
- Pyle Marine PLMRA 420, 1000 with Stereo Amp To drive the cockpit speakers
- ACR 406 MHZ EPIRB
- Weems and Plath Night Visual Distress Signal
- TrueCharge 2 Series 3 bank 40 A battery charger
- 2 D4 AGM house batteries 8G4D, 8A4G 970 and 1110 CCA
- 2 D4 flooded engine start batteries 904D 1050 CCA
- 2000 Watt AMPEAK inverter
- ZHC Solar charge controller 80 Amp 12V/24V During full sunlight produce 22-24 Amp
- 2 x 160 Wat Solar panels Mounted on rear rails
- 2ea x 200 wat Windy Nation flexible Solar Panels on deck on either side of the mast - 720W Total
- 4ea High intensity LED spreader lights
- 1ea High intensity LED forward spotlight
- Aqua Signal Masthead Tri color/ Anchor LED light
- 9ea ACEGOO reading lights internal. Dull light, blue night light, white dimmable spot
- High intensity LED downlights multi color Interior
- 24” HD LED TV
- Waeco Adler Barbour Cold machine refrigerator
- Dometic Cool freeze CFX Freezer portable
- GE Smartwater whole boat water filtration
- Dometic Cruise Air 8000 BTU Air con/ heater in master Suite
- Marine Air 16K BTU Air conditioner heater Main salon and V-berth
- 2 X March run dry pumps for air conditioners. For heat pump on both AC units
- Dickerson Caribbean 2 burner LPG stove W/ oven
- FR electric diesel fuel pump (for Perkins)
- Yamaha inverter Generator EF2000ISv2
- Upgraded: Computer, controller and pump for Autopilot
- Rebuilt Helm and autopilot ram
- Set of New North Sail storm jib and tri-sail Storm Rails are installed on both masts
- Main and Mizzen are North sales in good condition, Genoa fair condition
- Mercury RIB Dinghy w/Yamaha 15HP 4 Stroke Dinghy needs some work, outboard runs great.
- Onan, 7.5 KW diesel generator decommissioned - do not need a generator of that size.
- Manuals are in fair condition.
- Service logs available
Asking Price & Contacting the Owner...
Jun 07, 23 01:51 AM
Looking for used sailboats for sale that are capable of crossing an ocean? These cruising yachts are already in the Caribbean, but what are the risks and benefits of buying out there?
Jun 04, 23 08:32 AM
If you're looking for a unique Bluewater Cruising Yacht for sale in the Caribbean, then 'Shindig' is certainly worth a look...
Jun 04, 23 06:26 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!