'Malolo', a PDQ 36 Catamaran for Sale
'Malolo', PDQ 36 catamaran, is a Bahama/World-ready cruiser, designed for speed, and long-term live aboard comfort. She is on the hard in Ft Pierce, Florida and is offered for sale there on an 'as is, where is' basis.
'Malolo' benefits from a custom-engineered stainless bowsprit and non-standard twin headsail rig
Malolo's shoal draft and easy to handle sail plan make it a go anywhere, FUN, boat.
If your plans are to coastal cruise, club race or an extended trip into the Caribbean on a budget, this is your boat.
She has the sought after three cabin, one head, layout. The re-modeled galley with stainless counters and shelving provides large prep areas and safety for the cook.
Published Specification for the PDQ 36 Catamaran
Note the solar panel array and hard dinghy in davits
Underwater Profile: Twin centreboards and spade rudders
Hull Material: GRP (Fibreglass) with Corecell foam core
Length Overall: 36'5" (11.1m)
Waterline Length: 34'4" (10.5m)
Beam: 18'3" (5.6m)
Draft: 2'10" (0.9m)
Rig Type: Fractional sloop
Displacement: 8,000lb (3,629kg)
Designer: Ted Clements & Alan Slater
Builder: PDQ Yachts (Canada)
Year First Built: 1991
Year Last Built: 2003
Number Built: 100
Much attention has been paid to functional storage that doubles as seating. The Davit system includes a hammock back bench. The storage room has storage shelves the fold out into additional sleeping quarters. The main salon has triple configuration with storage/bed, storage and or open seating.
The battery banks were recently doubled with over 400-amp hours of AGM batteries, 690watts of Solar was added with a floating panel that can be articulated for morning or evening solar exposure.
The fuel capacity 65 gallons.
Cockpit function and comfort was also greatly enhanced with the addition of a custom extra-long dock box/bench with cushions and hammock back for comfort and safety.
Includes twin Yamaha high thrust motors and a full motor spare on board.
She also features heavy duty hinged 3’ Hull Extensions that can be folded up if needed.
Head sails are on new Colligo continuous furler. Genoa, Jib and a fully battened main, and a 325ft2 Spinnaker.
Brand new synthetic rigging in 2014. Synthetic life lines.
New Raymarine Autopilot, Chart Plotter and Wireless Quantum Radar.
Hull & Deck:
The hull extensions increase the waterline length with a proportionate increase in boat speed
- White Gelcoat Deck;
- 3' Hull Extensions on hinge which can be lifted or removed;
- Electric Windlass;
- Fortress Bow anchor: Fortress 37 with 180ft rode & chain;
- New composite and stainless Radar arch with catchment & Dingy Davits;
- Aft Boarding platform with shower connections;
- Bimini Canvas;
- Bottom Pain Recently Applied;
- Custom SUP/Surfboard Rack;
- New Dyneema Standing Rigging;
- New Rear Transom Dockbox Storage Bench with Hammock Back;
- New Trampoline.
Engine: Two twin-cylinder Yamaha 9.9 4-Stroke High-Thrust Outboards and one spare;
Fuel Capacity: 65 Gallons Gas;
Cruising Speed: 7 Knots;
Max Speed: 9 Knots.
One of the two 9.9hp 4-stroke Yamaha outboard motors
- New 690w of Solar with New Outback Solar Charge Controller;
- Shore Power 30 amps;
- New Xantrex Battery Charger;
- New Inverter with timer in Galley;
- New AGM Battery Bank.
Raymarine: Multitouch 7" Chart Plotter - SL70C, Autopilot, Wind Speed Indicator, Tridata;
VHF Standard Horizon with Remote;
Sails & Rigging:
Sailing under the jib and mainsail with the genoa furled.
- Sloop rig, recently inspected;
- 40’ 10" Mast Height;
- New Continuous Furler;
- New Sheets;
- New Custom Engineered Bow Sprit;
- All lines are led back to the Helm.
The galley, in the port hull
- Stainless Steel Counter Top;
- Custom Cabinets;
- Two 40 Gallon Fresh water tanks;
- 2-Burner Stove with Oven;
- Double sided sink;
- Large Fridge with new Engel Compressor;
- Water Heater.
The seating arrangement in the salon convert to another double berth with an infill cushion
- 2 Bunks with Queen Size Bunks and Closets;
- One smaller double berth/storage;
- New Interior Fabric for Cushions;
- U-shaped salon that converts to additional sleeping bunk;
- Navigation Station on Starboard side;
One of the two queen-size berths
The navigation station with a fold-up chart table in the starboard hull
- Aft Head with Standing Shower;
- Head constructed out of single piece factory mold for easy cleaning;
- 20 Gallon Holding Tank Capacity.
The head in the after-end of the starboard hull
- Emergency Life Sling;
- Spot PLB;
Sep 27, 22 03:14 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!
Sep 20, 22 09:56 AM
If you're a fan of traditional cruising yachts, then you must take a look at 'Silver Heels', a beautiful Alajuela 38 sailboat for sale...
Sep 18, 22 08:06 AM
Looking for used sailboats for sale that are capable of crossing an ocean? These cruising yachts are already in the Caribbean, but what are the risks and benefits of buying out there?