'Iko Iko', a Wharram Tiki 38 Catamaran for Sale
Iko Iko' is a Wharram Tiki 38 Catamaran built in Quebec and launched in 2009, with many upgrades in 2021 and 2022. She has been to Cuba, the Bahamas and up and down the US Atlantic coast. She is currently on the hard in Labelle, Florida for hurricane season.
Enjoying a sandbar in South Carolina
Her hull identification number is 27 and she is documented with the US Coast Guard.
She is a gaff-rigged schooner with a covered wheelhouse.
Raised hatches in all four cabins provide a minimum of 5’10” standing height.
A sturdy bowsprit was added to support a roller furler that handles the foresail.
These improvements are the only modifications from the original plans.
Fresh paint in spring 2022
She has a double berth and head to starboard; a single berth in each hull forward; and the port side galley converts into another double berth.
Marine plywood hulls and bulkheads with West system epoxy and fiberglass over the plywood.
Raymarine navigation suite and radar; AIS; auto-pilot; spare C-80 chart plotter; Spectra water-maker; pressurized water in the head and galley. Electric refrigerator makes and keeps ice.
750W of solar and a wind turbine power 4 large 6V batteries and one 12V in parallel with isolation switches; Fans and lights throughout all cabins. Stereo with CD player and speakers in the wheel house and more speakers in the galley.
Powerful electric windlass; two anchor lockers with 100’ of chain plus 50’ nylon rode each; Rocna, Fortress and CQR anchors.
Recent maintenance and improvements include: new roller furler for the staysail; all new lashings and standing rigging; new suite of sails; new carburetors for both Yamaha 9.9 HP outboards; new, 3m hard-bottom dinghy; new ablative bottom paint and non-skid epoxy on the tops of both hulls.
Downwind run to Key West
The following items and equipment will be included in the sale of the vessel:
- Full set of plans, details and specifications from the original construction
- Main and forward sails are 3 oz. Dacron (heavy cruising cloth) by Rolly Tasker;
- Evolution Staysail on roller furler;
- Symmetrical and asymmetrical spinnakers by Jeckylls;
- smaller staysail and storm jib;
- all sails in very good condition.
Reaching at 9 knots
- 2009 9.9HP long shaft Yamaha (#6AVK 12/09 T9.9LE 1007113F);
- 2013 9.9 extra-long shaft Yamaha (#6 AVK 12/11 T9.9XPA 1014834C) with motorized tilt;
- 2- engine tachometers, starters and throttles in the wheel house;
- Tohatsu 6 hp 15” shaft outboard for the dinghy.
The dining table converts into a double berth.
- 4 -six-volt Interstate 232 ah batteries; 1- 12-volt Rolls 105 ah battery;
- 3-battery control (isolation switches);
- MPPT 500 battery controller;
- 3 @ 200-watt solar panels;
- Xantrex inverter;
- Raymarine C80 plotter with radar, wind gauge, depth sounder;
- Auto-helm St6002 autopilot;
- Second Raymarine C80 plotter new in box;
- ACR Golbal fix pro 406 mhz GPS;
- AIS brand Raymarine compatible unit;
- Fusion stereo with cell phone connection and 4 speakers;
- Standard horizon VHF radio;
- Spare portable VHF handheld radio;
- Air-breeze wind turbine with spare parts - new blades, bearings, etc;
- All interior and navigation lights are LEDS.
The galley has a fridge/freezer, two burner alcohol stove and sink with fresh and saltwater.
Fittings and equipment:
- 10’ hard-bottom dinghy with 10” tubes (new in 2020) includes oars, anchor and foot pump. Note: dinghy folds up to stow in wheelhouse;
- Aluminum dinghy ramp folds from back of wheelhouse to raise or launch dinghy;
- Heavy duty Ideal electric windless with both foot buttons and corded remote controller;
- 3 large anchors (Rocna, CQR and Fortress for different bottom conditions);
- Spectra water maker produces 6.3 gallons/hour;
- 25-gallon water holding tank in galley (port hull);
- 40-gallon water holding tank under owner’s berth (starboard hull);
- Raritan manual toilet and 25 gallon holding tank with a new macerator pump for the option of overboard discharge when offshore;
- Galley sink sea water with foot pump and cold water Jasco water pump and Shurflo accumulator tank;
- Head with cold water Jasco water pump and Shurflo accumulator tank with hot water hook up (but no hot water heater yet) to shower valve and shower wand;
- Bilge pump in head;
- Alder/Barbour cold plate refrigerator with digital thermostat;
- Origo 4100 two burner alcohol stove;
- 1 large and 3 smaller fire extinguishers;
- Plastimo compass;
- 2 5-gallon fiberglass propane tanks;
- 5 Caframo fans;
- 3 solar vent fans (1 not working);
- Mattresses for the berths; cushions for the galley and wheel house; canvas and plastic panels to enclose the wheel house; large canvas shades for shelter while at anchor.
Sunrise dive at Coral Reef State Park
Asking Price and Contacting the Owner
The crew hard at work...
The owners are asking $75,000 for their Wharram Tika 38 catamaran 'Iko Iko'.
Contact the owners here...
Nov 29, 23 08:35 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!
Nov 10, 23 02:34 AM
My 47' Cheoy Lee sailboat is for sale. Designed by Bill Luders, she is a beautiful and functional liveaboard cruising yacht.
Oct 30, 23 04:22 PM
This article explores the journey of chartering a sailing yacht, from the initial planning stages to the final touches. It provides insight into the joys and challenges of embarking on a voyage of dis…