The Albin Vega was designed by Per Brohall and built in Sweden by Albin Marine.
Underwater Configuration: Long fin keel
Hull Material: GRP (fibreglass)
Length Overall: 27' 1" / 8.25m
Waterline Length: 23' 0" / 7.01m
Beam: 8' 1" / 2.46m
Draft: 3' 8" / 1.12m
Rig Type: Masthead sloop
Displacement: 5,070lb / 2,300kg
Designer: Per Brohall
Builder: Albin Marine AB (Sweden)
Year First Built: 1965
Year Last Built: 1979
Number Built: 3,450
Owners Association: The Vega Association of Great Britain
Looking to buy an Albin 27?
'Abis', an Albin Vega 27 for Sale
She's probably sold by now, but the ad remains for anyone wishing to see more pics and information for these sailboats.
1. Sail Area/Displacement Ratio: 16.1
2. Ballast/Displacement Ratio: 39.8
3. Displacement/Length Ratio: 186
4. Comfort Ratio: 20
5. Capsize Screening Formula: 1.9
1. A Sail Area/Displacement Ratio of 16.1 suggests that she'll approach her maximum hull speed readily and satisfy the sailing performance expectations of most cruising sailors.
2. A Ballast/Displacement Ratio of 39.8 means that she'll stand up fairly well to her canvas in a blow, enabling her to power through the waves.
3. A Displacement/Length Ratio of 186, tells us she's clearly a light displacement sailboat. If she's loaded with too much heavy cruising gear her performance will suffer dramatically.
4. Ted Brewer's Comfort Ratio of 20 suggests that crew comfort in a seaway is similar to what you would associate with the motion of a coastal cruiser, which is not encouraging news for anyone prone to seasickness.
5. Her Capsize Screening Formula of 1.9 tells us that she would be a better choice of sailboat for ocean passage-making than one with a CS rating of more than 2.0.
Jun 07, 23 01:51 AM
Jun 04, 23 08:32 AM
Jun 04, 23 06:26 AM