'Cats Paws', a C&C 34+ Sailboat for Sale
'Cats Paws', our C&C 34+ sailboat is now up for sale after 20 years in our ownership, during which time she has been continually upgraded and modernized. She's in excellent overall condition and is currently docked in Baltimore Inner Harbor (USA), ready to sail away…
'Cats Paws', a C&C 34+ (wing keel)
Yanmar 27 HP Diesel Engine; 2 Bladed Flex-O-Fold Folding Propeller, newly installed custom-made stainless fuel tank.
Spacious interior, recently re-upholstered cushions, aft cabin has almost king size custom mattress, new cabin windows and curtains, Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning / Heater, 2013 Espar Heater.
Recently painted Awlgrip hull in Captain’s Navy, Stainless Steel Wire Lifelines 2013, Custom canvas cover for winter storage, all newly installed Raymarine navigation instruments, and electronics, Radio, CD, and DVD player,
New cockpit speakers 2021, 2018, 18" AXESS TV 2018 anchor windlass, 50ft of new anchor chain and wash-down pump, Sanyo microwave, Nova Kool-LT201-RT6 Ice Box and R22 Refrigerant, 3 burner propane stove and oven, Force 10 propane grill, high pressure floor dinghy with Mercury 4hp gas engine, solar panels and more.
Published Specification for the C&C 34+:
- Underwater Configuration: Wing keel and spade rudder
- Hull Material: GRP (Fibreglass)
- Length Overall: 35'6" (10.8m)
- Waterline Length: 30'10" (9.4m)
- Beam: 11'7" (3.5m)
- Draft: 5'0" (1.5m)
- Rig Type: Masthead sloop
- Displacement: 12,000lb (5,443kg)
- Ballast: Lead
- Designer: Robert Ball
- Builder: C&C Yachts
- First Built: 1989
Published Design Ratios for the C&C 34+:
- Sail Area/Displacement: 20.5
- Ballast/Displacement: 43.5
- Displacement/Length: 183
- Comfort Ratio: 22.0
- Capsize Screening Formula: 2.0
Sailboat-Cruising.com asks; "Need some guidance with all aspects (including those mysterious but all-revealing Design Ratios) of buying a secondhand boat?"
Pedestal mounted navigational instruments...
...and at navigation station
New instruments & electronics installed in 2018 at a cost of $28,078.
- Raymarine -i50/i60 wind, speed & depth system pack and new transducers;
- Raymarine Axiom 7, multifunction 7" displays with USA Lighthouse NOAA vector charts at helm and nav station;
- Raymarine black bezel instrument display covers and Axiom 7 sun covers;
- Raymarine Quantum Q24c 18" color radar;
- Seaview-mast platform for 18" radar. Raymarine Garmin Simrad 3g/4g;
- Shakespeare-36" 3db low-profile stainless-steel sailboat VHF/AIS antenna;
- Raymarine-ev-200 linear pilot P70 control head, ev-1 sensor core, acu-200 with rotary rudder reference, type 1 linear short stroke 12v, evolution cable kit;
- Raymarine smart controller wireless autopilot remote with instrument repeater;
- Raymarine sea talk converter and SeaTalk 5-way connector and Simrad at 10 two-way general NMEA0183 to Simnet converter;
- 2 Deka-group 31 AGM marine batteries;
- Xantrex-Heart Echo Charge charging panel;
- Xantrex-Linkpro battery monitor;
- Balmar ARS-5-H12v regulator;
- Inverter (Fixed) Sinewave 2000W;
- RDK Products Rigid Solar Panel-65W;
- Mastervolt Solar Charge Converter-3 Stage 20amps;
- Perko masthead light-white anchor light 12vdc, port and starboard running lights, stern light;
- Moeller electronic fuel gauge 12v and sender;
- 19" LED AC/DC full HD TV with HDMI and USB;
- Power acoustic PD 348b stereo system;
- Nova kool-LT201-RT6 ice box and R22 refrigerant.
- 2018 exterior fiberglass re-painted in Awlgrip flag blue at a cost of $10,900;
- New Windows 2019;
- Stainless Steel Wire Lifelines 2013;
- 50 feet new anchor chain 2018;
- New cockpit speakers 2021.
A compact and efficient galley...
...with a double sink unit
And below decks:
- 3 Burner Propane Stove and Oven;
- Force 10 Grill;
- Sanyo Microwave;
- 18" AXESS TV 2018;
- Radio, CD, and DVD player 2018;
In 2016 we re-upholstered the main salon cushions and custom-made curtains (Sunbrella fabric) at a cost of $2,118
The salon looking aft...
...and looking forward into the forecabin
- 2013 Espar heater;
- Reverse cycle air conditioning / heater.
- 3 Water Holding Tanks: 70-80 Gallons total;
- 20 Gallon Holding Tank with Macerator Pump and Y valve.
The head with shower and washhand basin
Double berth under the cockpit
- Engine: Yanmar 3gm 27hp diesel;
- Fuel tank replaced in 2010 with custom stainless-steel tank;
- 2-bladed flex-o-fold folding propeller.
Sails & Rigging:
Sail handling jammers on port side of main hatch...
...with more on the starboard side
- 110% Ulman Furling Genoa 2020;
- 1 Dacron North Sails Main;
- Ulman 130% Pentax Tri-Radial Furling Genoa;
- Ulman Pentax 2+2 Radial Main;
- 130% Norlan Curling Genoa;
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker in a Furling Sock;
- Carbon Fiber Spinnaker Pole;
- Slab Reefing from Cockpit;
- Spinlock Clutches;
- Adjustable Genoa Tracks;
- 2 Lewmar 2 speed cabin top winches;
- 2 Barient 28+ 2 speed primary winches;
- Navtec Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster;
- Harken Genoa Furling System;
- Offshore Spars Ridged Adjustable Boom Vang.
Asking Price: $75,000 >>>>> Interested? Contact the owner here...
Nov 23, 21 02:18 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!
Nov 19, 21 02:36 PM
Most mast rigging failures are the result of poor maintenance and cheap fittings. Having your mast come down is most inconvenient and highly dangerous; definitely something to be avoided at all costs
Nov 19, 21 04:43 AM
'Sapphire', our 1985 Mason 43 is an exceptional world cruising sailboat. Over the past 13 years, she has been meticulously maintained and upgraded and is now offered for sale....