The Hallberg Rassy 42 (Enderlein) ketch was designed by Christoph Rassy & Olle Enderlein and built in Sweden by Hallberg-Rassy.
Underwater Profile: Fin keel and skeg-hung rudder
Hull Material: GRP (fiberglass)
Length Overall: 42'4" (12.9m)
Waterline Length: 34'5" (10.5m)
Beam: 12'5" (3.8m)
Draft: 6'9" (2.1m)
Rig Type: Ketch, but a few sloop variants were also produced
Displacement: 25,353lb (11,500kg)
Designer: Christoph Rassy & Olle Enderlein
Year First Built: 1980
Year Last Built: 1991
Number Built: 225
Owners Association: Hallberg-Rassy Owners Association
'Asterie', a Hallberg-Rassy 42 for Sale
Asking Price: £119,950
1. Sail Area/Displacement Ratio: 15.8
2. Ballast/Displacement Ratio: 39.1
3. Displacement/Length Ratio: 277
4. Comfort Ratio: 37.2
5. Capsize Screening Formula: 1.7
1. A Sail Area/Displacement Ratio of 15.8 suggests that the Hallberg Rassy 42 (Enderlein) will, in the right conditions, approach her maximum hull speed readily and satisfy the sailing performance expectations of most cruising sailors.
2. A Ballast/Displacement Ratio of 39.1 means that the Hallberg Rassy 42 (Enderlein) will initially stand up reasonably well to her canvas in a moderate breeze, but she'll need a reef in the main to avoid heeling excessively in a gust.
3. A Displacement/Length Ratio of 277, tells us the Hallberg Rassy 42 (Enderlein) is a heavy displacement cruising boat. You can load her down with all your cruising gear and equipment and it will hardly affect her waterline. Not an ideal choice for coastal sailing, but she'll come into her own on an offshore passage in testing conditions.
4. Ted Brewer's Comfort Ratio of 37.2 suggests that crew comfort of a Hallberg Rassy 42 (Enderlein) in a seaway is similar to what you would associate with the motion of a moderate bluewater cruising boat - a predictable and acceptable motion for most seasoned sailors.
5. The Capsize Screening Formula (CSF) of 1.7 tells us that a Hallberg Rassy 42 (Enderlein) would be a safer choice of sailboat for an ocean passage than one with a CSF of more than 2.0.
Jun 07, 23 01:51 AM
Jun 04, 23 08:32 AM
Jun 04, 23 06:26 AM