'Golightly', an Island Packet 350 for Sale
It’s time to sell 'Golightly', my Island Packet 350. She's build #66 from 1999 and is currently berthed in Martinique, French West Indies in the Eastern Caribbean.
'Golightly', an Island Packet 350
I sailed her down from Florida early 2013. Before that, she was a freshwater boat from the Great Lakes area for about 13 years.
The advantage of buying a boat in the Eastern Caribbean is that you won't have to motor the 1200-1500 miles, into the prevailing easterly winds, to get here. It’s also an easy sail back to the USA.
The Island Packet 350 has 2 private staterooms, a very roomy salon, "U" type galley with refrigeration, air conditioning and much more.
'Golightly' is powered by a Yanmar 38 HP Diesel engine (3JH2E) with only 2300 hrs use.
She has a bimini/dodger.
She is a shoal draft model drawing only 4'3'.
On deck are two Harken roller furlers and a full battened mainsail with lazy jacks.
The cutter rig with the self-tacking staysail on a Hoyt boom
This Island Packet 350 has been well maintained and is well equipped for offshore passage making. She does need a good clean having been a live aboard for the past 10 years.
There have been numerous upgrades and improvements since 2012. See the equipment list below.
She is a great boat for single handing as all lines lead back to the cockpit.
She's lovely to sail and very forgiving.
The aft cabin
Hanging locker and drawers in the aft cabin
More useful stowage
The details and quality of this cruiser make her an outstanding vessel. This comfortable cruiser has 2 private staterooms.
There is a spacious Pullman berth forward, to starboard, with ample storage underneath.
To port is an aft facing seat with a cedar lined hanging locker, drawers and convenient book shelves.
Moving aft, and to starboard, is the head which includes a large wrap around counter with cabinets and the shower with contoured seat and a curtain.
The salon table folds up against a bulkhead, neatly concealing the drinks locker
Next aft is the comfortable salon with port and starboard settees (the starboard settee easily converts to a double bed).
The port settee also accommodates the nav station for seating. This large central living area is equally suited for social gatherings, off watch retreats or dining.
There is ample storage beneath and behind the settees. The dining table is bulkhead mounted and stored out of the way when not in use, and easily opens to provide table access from both settees.
Also, a very usable wine and glass rack storage is located behind the table.
Comfortable seating in the salon
The private aft cabin is to port and has nice storage and 6'4" headroom.
It is a comfortable, well ventilated aft stateroom for two with plenty of storage and a hanging locker.
The U-shaped galley is well designed with a deep double sink, two burner stove with oven, refrigeration and lots of storage.
The cabin looks great with the teak and holly sole, and teak cabinetry.
The overhead hatches and side ports all have mosquito screens.
Lofrans electric windlass
- 44lb Rocna anchor.
- 100' 5/16 galvanized chain with 150' rode.
- 25 lb Danforth anchor.
- 35 lb. CQR anchor.
- Lofrans Tigres 1500w windlass with capstan.
- New 8mm Lofrans chain. August 2021. Martinique
- Cutter rigged with Harken roller furling on both the genoa and staysail.
- Full battened mainsail with lazy jacks.
- #40 self-tailing primary winches.
- Lines led aft - cabin top line storage in accessible cockpit combing lockers.
- Self-tailing winches and line stoppers on cabin top.
- Cabin top Harken traveler with control lines.
- Windex on mast top. (Direction not working)
Dinghy davits on the stern
- Dinghy davits.
- Bimini and dodger.
- Scoop transom with boarding and swim ladder. Removable helm seat back for ease of boarding.
- Fenders and lines.
- Cockpit table and cockpit shower.
- Propane storage locker to starboard. 2 X Aluminum tanks.
- Stainless steel aft rails.
- Windlass foot switches forward, toggle switch in cockpit.
- Welded double bow, stern rails, stern rail seats
- Double lifelines, s/s stanchions (new lifelines 2/12)
- Port, starboard, stern boarding gates
- Molded swim platform, folding swim ladder
- Cabin top s/s grab rails
- Bow, stern, spring-line cleats
- Wheel steering w/ Edson rack and pinion steering system
- Ritchie pedestal mounted compass
- Pedestal guard, wheel brake
- Large port side cockpit locker
- Large Starboard side cockpit locker.
- Cockpit ice Box
- (4) Folding padeyes in cockpit for safety harness attachment
- Bimini, dodger
- Fresh water cockpit shower.
- Offshore 4-person Liferaft. Out of date.
- Yanmar Diesel engine. 38 HP. Model 3JH2E with 2268 hours.
- Primary and secondary fuel filters.
- Raycor fuel filter.
- Three bladed propeller.
- Dometic air condition system. 16000 btu. (For shore power)
The Control Panel
- 240-watt solar panel with Blue Sky MPPT controller. (New 2012)
- 75-watt solar panel with 30-amp controller (New Oct 2019)
- 90-watt solar panel with controller. (New 2014)
- 4X 225 Ah 6-volt Trojan Golf Cart batteries. (New Oct 2019)
- 4 X Hella fans.
- Frigaboat fridge freezer system. (New evaporator plate 2016)
- New 100 A start battery. Oct 2017.
- New oven Dec 2017. Eno.
Blue Sky Solar Booster
- Uniden President VHF radio
- Horizon hand held VHF radio
- ACR 406 EPIRB
- Raymarine E7d chart plotter with fish finder transducer. ( New 2012) not working.
- Radar scanner for above. Wired but not mounted. ( New 2012)
- AIS transciever. (New 2012)
- Raymarine autopilot system. (New 2012)
- Autohelm depth and speed log.
- Autohelm wind monitor. Needs fixing.
- Autohelm autopilot.
- Icom IC M45 VHF radio.
- Sony AM/FM/CD Stereo with cabin and cockpit speakers (to be replaced) (with cockpit remote).
- Jabsco electric oil extractor.
- Spare Jabsco water pressure pump.
- Spare fridge regulator.
- Fishing tackle.
- Snorkeling gear.
- Shore power lead.
- Spare jib sheets.
- Spare main halyard.
- Large box of new blocks.
- Spare starter motor.
- Various tools, oils and lubricants.
- Various filters and belts.
- 2 Island Packet cockpit seats.
Nov 22, 22 05:09 AM
Medium sized cruising yachts like these are often the sailboat of choice for short-handed crews, and if properly equipped and maintained, will take long offshore voyages in their stride.
Nov 22, 22 04:53 AM
Thinking of buying a Dehler 38 sailboat? Perhaps you should first take a look at these pics, specs and key performance indicators...
Nov 21, 22 06:22 AM
Thinking of buying a Moody 41 Classic sailboat? Perhaps you should first take a look at these pics, specs and key performance indicators...