'Wind Chime', an Island Packet 465 Sailboat for Sale
'Wind Chime' is a well maintained and lovingly cared for Island Packet 465. This thoughtfully appointed vessel is a stunning live-aboard and a blue water boat capable of safely navigating the world.
WITHDRAWN FROM MARKET
For more boats like this one that are currently for sale please go to
Cruising Sailboats for Sale...
Although this boat is no longer available, the pics and text are retained here for the benefit of anyone researching this make/model.
'Wind Chime', an Island Packet 465 underway
'Wind Chime' was built in 2008 but is a 2009 year model.
The interior layout and the amenities are all designed with offshore seamanship foremost. On deck you’ll find her most comfortable, accommodating and seaworthy. 'Wind Chime' is a New England Boat, only in Florida since November of 2020, which, along with the loving care and attention from the current and previous owners, explains her pristine condition.
Looking forward from the galley
The comfortable and protected cockpit
The Island Packet 465 offers exceptional livability and practical cruising features coupled with impeccable craftsmanship and handsome good looks.
The large center cockpit provides more than just a comfortable place for crew to congregate, it provides a safe working area from which you can perform all the necessary adjustments while underway and provides fantastic water visibility.
Wide side decks, strategically placed hand rails and recessed foredecks maximize your safety on deck.
As beautiful as the 465 is to behold, it’s even more appealing below decks.
The expansive main salon boasts more than seven feet of headroom, a well-appointed combination of hand-crafted teak furnishings, cabinetry and storage, a navigation station that would excite any world cruiser, a gourmet galley fit for a master chef and two of the most spacious staterooms you’ll find on any vessel in this size range.
Navigate in comfort and security
Entering via the comfortably angled companionway steps, your attention will be drawn to the open feel, the abundant natural light, and the full-length upholstered settees.
The port settee extends to the centerline to make a double berth, and both settees can be used as sea berths.
Looking aft from the salon
The large main dining table folds and stows against a bulkhead wine rack and can open to span the entire salon.
There is a smaller, removable table, which mounts on either side of the salon for added flexibility while dining or entertaining.
The owner's stateroom
CE Category A – Ocean rated safety windows provide a panoramic view, fantastic natural light and a very open, airy feel. Overhead lights and numerous reading lamps are located throughout, all LED.
Fully equipped and ready to go!
About The Island Packet 465
- The Island Packet is a monohull full keel vessel, molded as a single unit of fiberglass laminates consisting of layers of hand laid mat and triaxial roving with vinyl ester and polyester resin.
- Fully encapsulated lead ballast forms double bottom over length of keel. No keel bolts to rust, maintain, loosen or leak.
- Molded structural interior grid unit bonded with hull and interior bulkhead systems to form unified structure.
- Chainplates interlocked and bonded directly with hull structure for secure "belt and suspenders" installation
- PloyClad3 hull gel system
- Deck laminate features Island Packet's exclusive PolyCore, virtually eliminating the potential for deck deterioration associated with core materials.
- Two-tone deck surfaces: light ivory with tan premium diamond pattern non-slip surfaces.
- One-piece deck attached to integral hull flange with bolts, lock nuts and urethane adhesive sealant. Hardware backed with aluminum plates where required.
- Molded fiberglass headliner with textured finish.
Sails & Rigging
- Cutter rigged.
- Sails: Doyle, Hydranet tri-radial. (New July, 2019)
- Headsail roller furling systems.
- In-mast main sail furling.
- Main halyard leads to mast-mounted Lewmar Ocean Series 30CST 2-speed winch.
- Mainsail roller furler control lines led aft to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar Ocean Series 44CST, electric 2-speed winch.
- Rigid boom vang.
- Main-sheet traveler w/4:1 control system led to cockpit.
- Mainsheet and spare main halyard led to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar Ocean Series 44CEST winch
- Two genoa sheets led to cockpit via adjustable cars on tracks to Lewmar Ocean Series 54 electric winches.
- Staysail sheet led to cockpit through cam to Lewmar Ocean Series 44CST 2-speed winch.
- Headsail furling lines led to cockpit cleats adjacent to two Lewmar Ocean Series 16CST 2-speed secondary winches.
- Telescopic boom extension for lifting equipment.
- Forespar 405201 LC-15-27-UTS-UTR Line Control Whisker Pole (New 2020)
Cockpit & Deck
- Full length, ergonomically shaped cockpit seats. Two cockpit scuppers, four harness pad-eyes, recessed engine control and gauge panel and gear locker.
- Lewmar Mamba direct drive steering system, emergency tiller w/ storage brackets. Ritchie SB500 compass. Lewmar stainless steel folding helm wheel with suede covering. (New 2020) Hinged teak cockpit table, single lever engine control. Navigation and electronics pod and Lewmar pedestal.
- Sliding companionway hatch, interior latch and exterior hasp and lock with Zarcor companionway doors (new 2020). Wide recessed side decks and foredeck with protective bulwarks, drains to boot stripe, full length s/s cabin top handrails. Large two compartment anchor locker with overhead deck hatch, sealed bulkhead aft, bilge drain with shutoff valve. Expansive aft deck with room for stowage and dinghy. Aluminum LPG storage tanks. Second aft deck bin for lines or miscellaneous gear.
- Huge aft lazarette, accessible from both topside and the master Stateroom, with access ladder, hooks for lines, access to rudder shaft, emergency tiller and auto-pilot, with polished aluminum diamond plate sole.
- Stern swim platform with attached drop-down ladder for boarding.
- Wide integral bow platform with exclusive Island Packet designed SeaSafe anchor rollers for fully captive, low-chafe chain/rode control. Quick anchor deployment and secure storage for two anchors
- Double, vinyl-coated lifelines and s/s bow and stern rails, s/s flagstaff holder. Four (4) stainless dorade style vents.
- Stern gate w/quick release lifeline, integral stern rail seats. Two side gates w/quick release lifelines.
- Four 12" mooring cleats, two 10" spring line cleats, chocks and flush mount chafe guards.
- Teak cap and drip rail with stainless steel striker. Side deck drains led to boot stripe thru-hulls.
- High impact vinyl rub rails with s/s striker.
- Raised main salon with panoramic view through seven fixed safety glass windows with polished s/s exterior frames, forward three with heat reflective tinting, all with exterior, perforated covers (new 2021). Full length settees port and starboard with ergonomically shaped, multi-density foam covered cushions with large storage areas behind and beneath. Solid tongue and groove varnished sapele and oak sole.
- Aft owner's stateroom with island berth, Handcraft System #5 folding mattress. Dressing seat, gasketed access door to aft lazarette. Cedar-lined hanging locker and bureaus. Solid tongue and groove varnished sapele and oak sole.
- Forward stateroom with island berth, top of the line Handcraft System #5 folding mattress, privacy doors to forward passageway and head compartment. Cedar-lined hanging locker and bureaus. Adjustable, dimmable LED reading lights with USB ports throughout.
- Head compartments with separate stall showers and solid acrylic counters with integral fiddles. Electric flush fresh water heads with tank monitor.
- Navigation station with high-backed six-way adjustable swivel chair and tilt-out chart storage bin behind, hanging wet locker with drain.
- Spacious walk-through galley easily accommodates two people cooking and allows for easy passage fore and aft. Three Frigaboat keel cooled refrigerated compartments, two large above with digital controls and one easily accessed refrigerated drawer below. Deluxe three-burner Force 10 LPG stove with oven and broiler, stainless steel sealed burner top, guard rail with harness hooks, lift off cover, storage under. Tapan microwave oven, deep s/s sinks, hot and cold pressure tap water with retractable spray unit, manual fresh water pump, cutlery drawers. Solid acrylic countertops with integral fiddles.
- SeaGull IV water purifier, dedicated faucet at galley sink and also supplies cold water at head sinks.
- Numerous opening ports with safety glass and screens throughout; numerous overhead hatches with retractable screens/sun shades.
- Numerous chrome plated LED interior cabin lights with USB ports, (new 2020) and recessed main overhead dimmable lights.
- 12V interior fans in both Staterooms and Galley.
- Removable stainless steel companionway ladder with teak treads, generous engine/generator room access.
Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing
- 75 HP Yanmar turbo diesel (4JH4-TBE), fresh water cooled, rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fiberglass bed with integral oil pan, mechanical fuel pump, 100AMP Balmar alternator and controller. 3- bladed fixed prop, two Racor fuel filters.
- Balmar serpentine belt conversion kit. (New 2020)
- Four (4) Group 27, Lifeline, premium house batteries, (New 2019)
- one (1) dedicated to engine start and one (1) dedicated to generator
- start. Momentary parallel switch in cockpit for emergency starting
- Deluxe electrical panels with separate battery switches, gauges and breakers for AC and DC systems, battery test system, indicator lights, and controls for electric pumps, LPG solenoid control and battery charger. The wiring in this Boat is nothing less than impressive.
- Dual 30 AMP AC dockside power systems with ELTI ground fault inlet protection breaker and shore power cord. Numerous interior GFCI protected outlets.
- Electrical DC grounding/bonding system for rig and all underwater metals
- Pressure water system with hot and cold service to galley, heads and aft deck shower. UL listed 11 gallon water heater, electric and engine heat exchanger warmed, fully insulated hot water hoses throughout. Dedicated automatic head sink/shower drain sumps with strainers.
- LPG system with 10 pound aluminum tanks in self-draining storage compartment with gasketed, lockable lid, remote solenoid, dual safety shutoffs and gauge; extra fiberglass LPG propane tank on aft deck rail for grill.
- Fuel tank constructed of welded, baffled heavy gauge marine-grade aluminum with shut off valve, s/s deck fill, tank mounted mechanical gauge.
- Integral fiberglass 260 gallon fresh water tank, Seagull IV water purifier.
- Fiberglass 55 gallon holding tank with baffles, s/s deck pump out fitting, electronic remote Acu-gage tank level monitor display.
- Aft head, Vacuflush, forward head, Thetford Tecma (New 2021).
- Heavy Duty Rule 14AM electric bilge pump.
- UL listed bronze, centrally located, thru-bolted flanged seacocks on all thru hulls below waterline; ball valves on thru-hulls in boot stripe.
- Aqua-Signal LED navigation lights including automatic masthead anchor light/tricolor light, and foredeck and aft deck lights. (New 2020).
- 520 Watt LG, bi-facial solar panel.
- Raymarine ST60 Autopilot.
- Raymarine ST60 depth, speed and wind instruments.
- Icom IC-M504 VHF Radio with Icom HM-162B/SW Command Mic at helm (new 2020)
- Sony Bluetooth Audio System (New 2020) with speakers in Salon and cockpit.
- Radar reflector on spreader. (New 2020)
- Hand held Standard Horizon HX210 VHF radio (New 2020)
- Raymarine E90W chart plotter with MOB.
- Raymarine Hydrid-touch chart plotter at Nav Station
- Raymarine Radome RD-424D radar.
- SR6- Sirius Receiver/High Speed Network Switch.
Ground Tackle, Deck Equipment, Hull & Cockpit
- HR 2500 Cheetah Windless with controls on foredeck and helm.
- 45 lb. CQR Anchor with 250 of 5/8’s galvanized chain rode.
- Electric Winch Package (2) primary winches and one on the cockpit
- cabin top
- Kato retractable Davits with Harken winch.
- Lewmar suede covered folding helm. (New 2020)
- Cockpit bimini enclosure on three sides.
- Cockpit cushions
- Seat cushions for stern rail seats (new 2021)
- Vetus Bow thruster 7512B with joystick control at helm. (New brushes 2021)
- Special Equipment
- MasPower 8 KW Generator with 250 hours
- Air conditioning to all cabins and heads with reverse cycle heat.
- Zodiac Cadet 290 RIB dinghy with Honda, 4 cycle, 5HP outboard engine.
- Double Berths: 3
- Twin Berths: 1
- Cabins: 2
- Heads: 2
Engine & Drive
- 2008 Yanmar 4JH4-TBE (Engine 1) Type: Inboard
- Hours: 1100
- Drive Type: Direct Drive
- Power: 75 hp
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade Bronze Propeller
- Life Raft – Winslow 6-Man (New 2020), Current Certification
- Offshore PFD’s
- Fire Extinguishers (New 2020)
- Life Sling and Second Life Ring. (New 2020)
- EPIRB (New 2020) Information & Features
- LOA: 48 ft 9 in
- LWL: 38 ft 1 in
- Beam: 14 ft 4 in
- Max Bridge Clearance: 62 ft
- Max Draft: 5 ft
- Dry Weight: 34,500 lb
- Ballast: 12,000 lb
- Displacement: 34,500 lb
- Fuel: 160 gal
- Fresh Water: 260 gal
- Waste Holding: 55 gal
Sailing into the sunset
May 29, 23 08:35 AM
'Aleria' is a classic Holman & Pye designed staysail ketch, built in 1976 in the United Kingdom for delivery to the USA. She is the sister ship to Roger Swanson’s 'Cloud Nine' which was one of the fir…
May 26, 23 09:28 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!
May 19, 23 05:13 AM
Want to avoid brokers fees? Then take a look at these selected cruising sailboats for sale privately by their owners.