The Morgan 41 Out Island Classic (also known as the 'Morgan 41 Classic'), a centre-cockpit sloop, was designed by Charles Morgan and built in the USA by Morgan Yachts, and later by Catalina Yachts following their purchase of Morgan Yachts.
Underwater Profile: Fin keel & skeg-hung rudder
Hull Material: GRP (Fibreglass)
Length Overall: 41'3" (12.6m)
Waterline Length: 34'0" (10.4m)
Beam: 13'10" (4.2m)
Draft: 4'10" (1.5m)
Rig Type: Masthead sloop
Displacement: 23,000lb (10,433kg)
Designer: Charles Morgan
Builder: Morgan Yachts (USA)
Year First Built: 1986
Year Last Built: 1991
Number Built: 150
'Windseeker', a Morgan 41 Out Island Ketch for Sale
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Asking Price: $60,000
'Music II', a Morgan 41 Classic for Sale
Location: Grenada, West Indies
Asking Price: $97,500
1. Sail Area/Displacement Ratio: 15.5
2. Ballast/Displacement Ratio: 37.0
3. Displacement/Length Ratio: 261
4. Comfort Ratio: 29.7
5. Capsize Screening Formula: 1.9
1. A Sail Area/Displacement Ratio of just 15.5 suggests that the Morgan 41 Out Island is just a tad under-powered and will need a stiff breeze to get her going. In light conditions, unless you've got plenty of time on your hands, motor-sailing may be the way to go.
2. A Ballast/Displacement Ratio of 37.0 means that a sailboat like the Morgan 41 Out Island (which doesn't have a stiffness-enhancing bulb keel), is likely to benefit from being reefed early to keep her sailing upright in a moderate breeze.
3. A Displacement/Length Ratio of 261, tells us the Morgan 41 Out Island is a moderate displacement cruiser, which means she'll carry all your cruising gear without it having a dramatic effect on her performance. Most of today's sailboats intended for offshore cruising fall into this displacement category.
4. Ted Brewer's Comfort Ratio of 29.7 suggests that crew comfort of a Morgan 41 Out Island in a seaway is very close to what you would associate with the motion of a moderate bluewater cruising boat - a predictable and acceptable motion for most seasoned sailors.
5. The Capsize Screening Formula (CSF) of 1.9 indicates that a Morgan 41 Out Island would be a safer choice of sailboat for an ocean passage than one with a CSF of more than 2.0.
Mar 28, 23 05:54 AM
Mar 28, 23 05:33 AM
Mar 26, 23 08:29 AM