'Spellbound', a Hardin Seawolf 40 Sailboat for Sale
SORRY, NOW SOLD!
For more boats like this one that are currently for sale please go to
Cruising Sailboats for Sale...
Although this boat is no longer available, the pics and text are retained here for the benefit of anyone researching this particular make/model of sailboat.
Asking Price and previous owner's contact details have been deleted.
The Hardin Seawolf 40 is a strong vintage fiberglass bluewater cruiser with classic styling. Spellbound has been updated for passage-making and is well-equipped and enhanced with tons of new equipment and modern appointments. She's ready to go!
'Spellbound', a Hardin Seawolf classic William Garden bluewater fiberglass ketch
Engine: Perkins 4-108
Engine hours (total): 342 (since rebuild)
Length: 42 feet (on waterline)
Gross tonnage: 24
Year manufactured: 1977
Estimate value: $89,000 ($117,000 invested in restoration and upgrades)
Her full keel - more stable and safer overall. The bowsprit was built new in 2016
She is an amazing well known classic bluewater cruiser. Designed by the famous marine architect William Garden and built by Bill Hardin in his Khaosung Taiwan shipyard in 1977.
I am the 4th owner, she was purchased by me in October 2018 and been under restoration over the past 30 months including spending 40 days in the shipyard in Ensenada Baja California, Mexico.
B&G NMEA navigational system with remote monitor
New Equipment & Upgrades Installed 2019-21
- Rebuilt fuel injection pump
- Freshly painted engine & bilge
- Full wrap-around golf backstop safety netting
- Rail board racks
- Sunbrella sail boom covers
- Sunbrella cushions exterior & interior
- 2019 Mercury 4 stroke 2.5 hp outboard (12hrs)
- Fuel tanks professionally cleaned
- 3” stainless steel davits
- Isotherm 5212 magna refrigeration system & rebuilt cabinets
Custom upholstery and old map table top, recently sealed.
- Double braid halyard lines
- Complete solar system: Blue Sky & Renology parts, two 220 watt hours Renology batteries & two 160 watt Renogy solar panels
- Yellow top starter battery spring 2021
- Two Rule 1500 gph bilge pump system
- Whale submersible bilge pump
- New bronze thru-hulls & valves
- NMEA transponder
- New LED spreader lights & spotlight
- Complete electrical panel rewired
- 12 gauge wiring & 10 new a/c outlets
Extensive and beautiful teak wood interior.
- Engine inspection & new water pump
- Two vhf's - Simrad & Icom
- Three antennas (vhf & wifi)
- 160 hours of new alexseal premium topcoat paint topside & interior
- Bluewater Copper Pro SPX bottom paint
- Masts refinished and varnished, 9 coats
- 67 hours Epiphanes varnish interior & topside
- Marey hot water heater, hot showers!
- Inflatable life vests, harnesses and sets of miscellaneous safety gear, headlamps, flares, medical kits etc
Spacious head with comfortable enclosed shower and on-demand hot water heater.
- Back up pumps and parts worth $2,000
- Extensive tools, sanders and equipment
- 72 cans and bottles of solvents, sprays, chemicals, resins
- Gallons of paints varnishes and chemicals
- Jonbouy life saver
- 600 feet of new lines
- 250 feet of 1-1/4" 12 strand dock lines
- Restored original heavy duty block pulleys (10x better than modern)
- New Ronstan line brakes
- New 6”, 10” and 4” cleats
- 6" mooring chocks
- New Perkins pre & primary fuel filters
- New oil change & filter
- New electrical outlet conversion for dc wall outlets in galley & berth
- New door hinges
- New wifi system
- New chain winch breaker
- Pure sine wave inverter, Xantrex 2000 high efficiency pure sine wave solar power inverter 12v/120v, 60hz power converter LED display 2020
- L-Com HG2415U-PRO 2.4GHz 15dBi Omnidirectional Antenna N- wifi antenna
- Ubiquiti Bullet-M2-HP Outdoor 802.11 B/G/N M2brentHP
- ASUS RT-N12 N300 WiFi Router 2T2R MIMO Technology, 4K HD Video Streaming, VoIP, Up to 300 Mbps, Black
- DC driven wifi system
- DC powered and AC powered fans
- Added new sail track grommets & cars to mainsail boom
- Brightwork refinished every 6 months
- New bilge system with two Rule pumps and alarm
- Whale submersible pump back up
- New ceiling light fixtures
- New fishing rod holders
- Rigging system redone with new line and brakes and cleats
- New boom sailtrack cars and bits (2020)
- New ampco 125/108 alternator
- Ampco 5700 regulator
- New water pump
- Starter completely rebuilt
- New Jabsco toilet pump (2020
- New Jabsco macerator pump (2020
8 foot lapstrake dinghy custom painted to match the ship can be stored on deck, or on transom-mounted davits
Some Other Facts:
- Galley & breakfast nook and table, salon with 2 bunks, berth with
- Large master bunk slide-out and a small bunk forward
- Four burner propane stovetop and oven with 2 large propane tank box on deck
- Alexseal paint & Epiphanes varnish appointed throughout
- $2000 in extra parts equipment solvents (70 containers) paints tools rigging 1,000 feet of bagged lines.
- Every tool needed to fix and maintain the vessel
- B&G Vulcan 7 NMEA navigation system, Simrad RS20 & Icom VHF radio IC-M422, Radar Raytheon R20XX, GPS Garmin 76Cx, Autohelm 3000
- The engine is a Perkins 4-108 fully rebuilt in 2012 and only around 342 hours
- Two 70 gallon freshwater tanks.
- 100 gallon diesel fuel tank cleaned in 2019 and maintained since with bio
- Quiet flush electric head with bidet
- 60lb CQR anchor, 20lb CQR anchor 3 additional anchors, extra crated 180' chain, electric windless with new breaker
- Garhauer blocks and brakes
- New rigging lines
- Fully battened mainsail, genoa, jib, mizzen, with second used set bagged
- Standing rigging replaced in 2012, inspected in 2021, checked and adjusted in winter of 2021
- Heavy duty Steering system rebuilt with stainless steel 2017
Sep 29, 23 05:38 PM
Sailing characteristics and performance predictions, pics, specifications, dimensions and those all-important design ratios for the Hanse 400 sailboat...
Sep 29, 23 03:17 AM
Interested in the Gulf 32 sailboat? Here are the pics, specs and performance predictions you're looking for...
Sep 28, 23 04:04 PM
Sailing characteristics and performance predictions, pics, specifications, dimensions and those all-important design ratios for the Fuji 35 sailboat