The Beneteau First 435, an aft-cockpit sloop, was designed by German Frers and built in France by Beneteau.
Underwater Profile: Fin keel with spade rudder
Hull Material: GRP (Fibreglass)
Length Overall: 43'6" (13.3m)
Waterline Length: 36'1" (11.0m)
Beam: 13'1" (4.0m)
Draft: 7'5" (2.3m)*
Rig Type: Masthead sloop
Displacement: 23,809lb (10,800kg)
Designer: German Frers
Builder: Beneteau (France)
Year First Built: 1984
Year Last Built: 1987
* A centreboard version was also produced, drawing 5'6" (1.7m) with the board up and 9'7" (2.9m) with it down.
'Gremlick', a Beneteau First 435 for Sale
She may well be sold by now, but the ad will be retained for anyone looking for some great interior pics and more info about these popular cruising boats.
1. Sail Area/Displacement Ratio: 16.7
2. Ballast/Displacement Ratio: 38.9
3. Displacement/Length Ratio: 226
4. Comfort Ratio: 31.3
5. Capsize Screening Formula: 1.8
1. A Sail Area/Displacement Ratio of 16.7 suggests that the Beneteau First 435 will, in the right conditions, approach her maximum hull speed readily and satisfy the sailing performance expectations of most cruising sailors.
2. A Ballast/Displacement Ratio of 38.9 means that a sailboat like the Beneteau First 435 (which doesn't have a stiffness-enhancing bulb keel), is likely to benefit from being reefed early to keep her sailing upright in a moderate breeze.
3. A Displacement/Length Ratio of 226, tells us the Beneteau First 435 is a moderate displacement cruiser, which means she'll carry all your cruising gear without it having a dramatic effect on her performance. Most of today's sailboats intended for offshore cruising fall into this displacement category.
4. Ted Brewer's Comfort Ratio of 31.3 suggests that crew comfort of a Beneteau First 435 in a seaway is similar to what you would associate with the motion of a moderate bluewater cruising boat - a predictable and acceptable motion for most seasoned sailors.
5. The Capsize Screening Formula (CSF) of 1.8 indicates that a Beneteau First 435 would be a safer choice of sailboat for an ocean passage than one with a CSF of more than 2.0.
Mar 31, 23 08:51 AM
Mar 28, 23 05:54 AM
Mar 28, 23 05:33 AM