'Exhibit A', a 2002 Hunter 356 Sailboat for Sale
By owner Callum Airlie
'Exhibit A', our well-presented and lovingly cared for Hunter 356 is up for sale in George Town, Bahamas, after an epic 6-month adventure around the Caribbean.
She has enjoyed the level of maintenance only achievable through full time live-aboard!
Only ever bought for a short-term cruising adventure, it is sadly now time to sell 'Exhibit-A' onto the next owner to enjoy.
'Exhibit A', our Hunter 356
With a shoal draft of 5-foot she can comfortably take you anywhere in the Bahamas and her bulb wing keel makes her perfect for sailing anywhere else! Hunters are notorious for their comfortable living.
Her large queen-sized aft berth, spacious V berth and the salon 6’8” headroom is certainly testament to this!
The salon can be converted in a matter of seconds to an additional double bed for when guests come to stay.
With her new solar system and ridiculous amounts of storage you can be off grid for weeks at a time with ease!
Fin keel and spade rudder
Major upgrades and highlights include:
- 3 x 175W Renogy Flexible Solar Panels NEW (2023)
- 60A MPPT Renogy Solar Charge Controller NEW (2023)
- Brand New Starter Battery March 2023
- 200 A-h Lithium Battery (2021) plus 400 A-h AGM House Batteries
- 45lb Rockna primary anchor NEW (2023)
- Further Rockna and Fortress anchor as spares
- 200ft 3/8” Chain and Rode NEW (2023)
- Yanmar Starter Motor NEW 2023
- Yanmar Exhaust Manifold NEW 2023
- Thru hulls replaced March 2023
- Raymarine Short Arm wind vane NEW 2023.
- 2019 Mercury 9.9Hp Outboard with inflatable Mercury 9ft dinghy
- Dinghy Davits 2021
- New water heater 2021
- New 16000 BTU Marine AC unit 2021
- Full cover bimini and dodger with complete mosquito enclosure for cockpit
- Adler/Barbour Fridge and Freezer in excellent working condition (runs off solar easily)
- In mast mainsail furling
- Queen sized aft cabin with new custom-made mattress
- Lewmar folding steering wheel
- 2023 comprehensive survey and rigging survey completed
- Comes with all the household goods and trimmings needed to start sailing immediately!
Dinghy and outboard included in the sale
LOA: 35 ft 6 inches
Beam: 12 ft
Draft: 5 ft
Air clearance: 57.5 ft (including anchor light and antenna)
Dry Weight: 13,900 Lb
Water Tank: 75 gallons
Fuel Tank: 38 gallons
Holding Tank: 30 gallon
Engine: Yanmar 3GM30F 27HP. Diesel.
Athwartships double berth in aft cabin
Double berth in forecabin
- 12-volt DC System
- 110V AC System
- 525W (3 x 175W) Renogy Flexible Solar Panels NEW 2023
- 60A Renogy Rover MPPT Solar Charge Controller NEW 2023
- Renogy BT-2 Bluetooth Monitor NEW 2023
- Spare 30A Renogy Wanderer-Li Solar Charge Controller
- 200 A-h lithium-phosphate deep cycle marine battery
- 2 x 6V AGM House Batteries wired in series. 400 A-h total.
- 100 A-h lead-acid starter battery NEW 2023
- Spare 100 A-h lead-acid starter battery. 2021
- Xantrex Link 20 Dual Watch Battery Monitor
- 2 x shore power outlets
- 4 shore power cables (lengths)
- Taylor-made Vector Compact 16000 BTU AC unit
- Adler/ Barbour Refrigeration for freezer and fridge
- 80A Alternator
- 200W DC-AC inverter
- Separate AC panel with circuit breakers
- New Xantrex Truecharge 2 40A Battery Charger
- Low consumption air circulating fan in each cabin
- Low consumption LED lights throughout cabin
- Sony speakers
- 4 x 12V Charging outlets
- 400W and 200W power inverters for quick and convenient charging
- Vizio 12-inch plasma screen TV
- Black and Decor 20V Portable Hoover
Electrical control panel
Electronics and Navigation
- Garmin GPS Map 345 with build in AIS receiver. Updated charts in 2023.
- Raymarine Masthead Wind Transducer Short Arm NEW 2023
- Raymarine ST60 Wind Instrument
- Raymarine Depth Transducer
- Raymarine Autopilot ST4000. New motor and belt 2021.
- Raymarine multifunction display at chart table
- Sony stereo system with internal and external waterproof marine speakers
- Uniden Triple Watch Class D VHF with portable extender unit
- Ships Compass
- Cruising Guides for Bahamas, Virgin Islands and Leeward Island Chain
- Yanmar 3GM30F 27HP engine. Low fuel consumption. Excellent condition. Unknown hours but starts easily when cold and runs great.
- Engine thoroughly serviced March 2023
- Yanmar starter motor and solenoid NEW 2023
- Yanmar Exhaust Manifold NEW 2023
- 3 x Thru hulls replaced NEW 2023
- 2 automatic bilge pumps with float switches large capacity
- Spare float switch and 2 spare bilge pumps
- In built manual bilge pump
- 2 handheld portable manual bilge pumps
- Jabsco Manual Sea Water Marine Head
- 12V Water Heater supplying shower, kitchen and swimming platform shower
Yanmar 3GM30F 27HP marine diesel engine
Sails and Rigging
- In-mast furling main sail good condition
- Genoa roller furling system
- Deck Stepped Seldon Mast
- Seldon Rod Kicker Rigid Vang
- Lewmar self-tailing winches
- Back rigged spreaders negating need for backstay
'Exhibit A' alongside
Deck and Cockpit Equipment
- 45lb Rocna Anchor as primary
- Fortress FX16 Anchor
- Rocna 25lb anchor
- 65 ft of 3/8” high test galvanised chain NEW 2023
- 25 ft of 5/16” chain
- 150ft of nylon rode
- Mercury 9-foot inflatable dinghy with 2019 Mercury 9.9HP outboard
- Dinghy anchor with 30 ft of nylon rode NEW 2023
- Full cover bimini and dodger (can be separated into partial cover as required)
- Full mosquito net enclosure of cockpit
- Sturdy stainless-steel arch with light for night sailing
- 2021 West Marine Dinghy Davits
- Lewmar folding steering wheel
- Multiple mooring lines of varying lengths
- 2 Captains Chairs
- Full arrangement of waterproof cockpit cushions in great condition (can float)
- Zarcor companion doors
- Walk through swimming platform
- Hot and cold swimming platform shower. Extra long hose.
- 2 enormous swimming platform lockers
- Gigantic Lazarette
- 5 large fenders NEW 2023
- Stainless steel fishing rod mount (+fishing rod!) NEW 2023
- 5 excess line organisers to keep the cockpit tidy
- Spare spinnaker halyard
- Spare outhaul
- 100 ft extendable fresh water hose NEW 2023
- Large folding cockpit table plus cupholders
- Beautiful built into rails teak chairs with cushion
Dinghy supported in davits
- Sleeps 7 (4 in cabins, 3 in salon)
- Queen sized aft stateroom with orthopaedic sprung mattress
- V berth custom made orthopaedic sprung mattress
- 6”4 to 6”8 standing head room throughout
- Step-through Zarcor Companionway Doors 2021
- Wet Locker
- Hot/ cold shower in separate enclosure
- Hanging locker in both cabins
- Force 10 Propane Gas gimballed stove with twin burner
- 2 x 6kg LPG Canisters in designated gas locker with electronic shut off valve
- Electric kettle
- Microwave (shore power only)
- Cutlery, crockery and pans included
- Like new salon cushions with fabric covers
- Fishing Rod
- Pole Spear
- Cleaning equipment
- Watertight food storage containers (many!) NEW 2023
- Portable gas BBQ NEW 2023
- Picnic blanket and microfibre blanket NEW 2023
- Yoga matts x 2
- Large vanity mirror
- Washing line and pegs
- Comprehensive set of tools and spares
- Spare water canisters
- Emergency Tiller
- 3 x fire extinguisher
- Carbon monoxide detector in every cabin
- Smoke detector in salon
- Electric LPG shut off valve
- 4 x handheld red flares NEW 2023
- Orange safety flag
- 4 x large orange life jackets
- Spare 25-gallon gasoline tank
- Manual bilge pumps
- Stanchions and lifelines
- 2 pairs of heavy-duty bolt cutters
A spacious cockpit with good protection from the bimini
We are currently enjoying our last few months on Exhibit-A so she is available from June!
The location is negotiable as we are happy to sail anywhere between the Bahamas to Martinique!
Please don’t hesitate to get in contact to discuss timings or location as we are happy to adapt for a suitable buyer.
Exhibit-A has been a dream boat for us and an absolute pleasure to sail. It is with a heavy heart that we have to return to our careers in the UK but we will be very excited for the next owners to enjoy such an excellent vessel.
She is ready for the next owners to step on and sail away with no jobs outstanding!
Asking Price & Contacting the Owner
I'm asking $74,450 for Exhibit A, my Hunter 356.
If you need more information or would like to be 'Exhibit A's new owner, please contact me, Callum Airlie, here...
We offer the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Based on Published Design Ratios for the Hunter 356:
- Her Sail Area/Displacement Ratio of 20.0 suggests that she will, in the right conditions, approach her maximum hull speed readily and satisfy the sailing performance expectations of most cruising sailors.
- Her Ballast/Displacement Ratio of 36.1 means that she (the Hunter 356 doesn't have a stiffness-enhancing bulb keel) is likely to benefit from being reefed early to keep her sailing upright in a moderate breeze.
- Her Displacement/Length Ratio of 217, tells us she is a moderate displacement cruiser, which means she'll carry all your cruising gear without it having a dramatic effect on her performance.
- Ted Brewer's Comfort Ratio of 24.5 suggests that comfort of her crew in a seaway will be similar to that of a coastal cruiser with moderate stability.
more about these Design Ratios...
Jun 07, 23 01:51 AM
Looking for used sailboats for sale that are capable of crossing an ocean? These cruising yachts are already in the Caribbean, but what are the risks and benefits of buying out there?
Jun 04, 23 08:32 AM
If you're looking for a unique Bluewater Cruising Yacht for sale in the Caribbean, then 'Shindig' is certainly worth a look...
Jun 04, 23 06:26 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!