The Hanse 415, a fractional sloop, was designed by Judel/Vrolijk & Co and built in Germany by Hanse Yachts.
Underwater Profile: Bulb keel and spade rudder;
Hull Material: GRP (Fiberglass);
Length Overall: 40'8" (12.4m);
Waterline Length: 37'5" (11.4m);
Beam: 13'8" (4.2m);
Draft: 6'10" (2.1m);
Rig Type: Fractional Sloop;
Displacement: 19,621lb (8,900kg);
Designer: Judel/Vrolijk & Co;
Builder: Hanse Yachts (Germany);
Year First Built: 2012;
Year Last Built: in production;
Number Built: Ongoing;
Owners Association: Hanse Owners Club;
Read more about the latest boats in the Hanse range...
1. Sail Area/Displacement Ratio: 19.9
2. Ballast/Displacement Ratio: 32.6
3. Displacement/Length Ratio: 167
4. Comfort Ratio: 24.3
5. Capsize Screening Formula: 2.0
1. A Sail Area/Displacement Ratio of 19.9 suggests that the Hanse 415 will, in the right conditions, approach her maximum hull speed readily and satisfy the sailing performance expectations of most cruising sailors.
2. A Ballast/Displacement Ratio of 32.6 would usually mean that the Hanse 415 would have a tendency to heel excessively in a gust, and need to be reefed early to keep her sailing upright in a moderate breeze.
However, as she has much of her ballast concentrated in a bulb at the foot of the keel, she's likely to be considerably stiffer than her published Ballast/Displacement Ratio might suggest.
3. A Displacement/Length Ratio of 167, tells us the Hanse 415 is clearly a light displacement sailboat. If she's loaded with too much heavy cruising gear her performance will suffer dramatically.
4. Ted Brewer's Comfort Ratio of 24.3 suggests that crew comfort of a Hanse 415 in a seaway is similar to what you would associate with the motion of a coastal cruiser with moderate stability, which is not encouraging news for anyone prone to seasickness.
5. The Capsize Screening Formula (CSF) of 2.0 indicates that a Hanse 415 would not be the wisest choice of sailboat for ocean passage-making owing to the lower resistance to capsize in strong winds and heavy seas that is associated with similar sailboats with a CSF of 2.0 and above.
Jun 07, 23 01:51 AM
Jun 04, 23 08:32 AM
Jun 04, 23 06:26 AM