The Hanse 348, a fractional sloop, was designed by Judel/Vrolijk & Co and built in Germany by Hanse Yachts.
Underwater Profile: L-shaped bulb fin keel & spade rudder
Hull Material: GRP (Fibreglass)
Length Overall: 32'9" (10.0m)
Waterline Length: 31'4" (9.6m)
Beam: 11'6" (3.5m)
Draft: 6'5" (2.0m)*
Rig Type: Fractional sloop
Displacement: 13,889lb (6,300kg)
Ballast: 5,071lb (2,300kg)
Designer: Judel/Vrolijk & Co
Builder: Hanse Yachts (Germany)
Year First Built: 2018
* Shallow draft version available drawing 5'1" (1.6m)
Read more about the latest boats in the Hanse range...
1. Sail Area/Displacement Ratio: 17.5
2. Ballast/Displacement Ratio: 36.5
3. Displacement/Length Ratio: 202
4. Comfort Ratio: 26.2
5. Capsize Screening Formula: 1.9
Read more about these Key Performance Indicators...
1. A Sail Area/Displacement Ratio of 17.5 suggests that the Hanse 348 will, in the right conditions, approach her maximum hull speed readily and satisfy the sailing performance expectations of most cruising sailors.
2. A Ballast/Displacement Ratio of 36.5 would usually mean that the Hanse 348 would have a tendency to heel uncomfortably in a gust, and need to be reefed early to keep her sailing upright in a moderate breeze.
However, as she has much of her ballast concentrated in the foot of her L-shaped keel, she's likely to be considerably stiffer than her published Ballast/Displacement Ratio might suggest.
3. A Displacement/Length Ratio of 202 tells us the Hanse 348 is a moderate displacement cruiser, which means she'll carry all your cruising gear without it having a dramatic effect on her performance. Most of today's sailboats intended for offshore cruising fall into this displacement category.
4. Ted Brewer's Comfort Ratio of 26.2 suggests that crew comfort of a Hanse 348 in a seaway is similar to what you would associate with the motion of a coastal cruiser with moderate stability, which is not the best of news for anyone prone to seasickness.
5. The Capsize Screening Formula (CSF) of 1.9 indicates that a Hanse 348 would be a safer choice of sailboat for an ocean passage than one with a CSF of more than 2.0.
Jun 07, 23 01:51 AM
Jun 04, 23 08:32 AM
Jun 04, 23 06:26 AM