'Revelia', my Cheoy Lee Sailboat is for Sale
By Owner Siavosh Dana
'Revelia' is a new yacht in a classic shell. So what do I meant by that?
Well, she is a 1975 Cheoy Lee ketch featuring original wooden masts (in mint condition) and has been fully refitted from top to bottom.
Yes, she is old, but effectively the only old parts remaining are the hull, the masts, booms and the stunning interior.
Over the past few years, she's been completely gutted and replaced with all new systems, as you will see in the following text.
'Revelia's classic lines - a beautiful sheer and a sweet run aft
She has been appointed "the most beautiful yacht of the harbour" in pretty much every bay we have been with her so far, and she sails like a charm; cutting through waves with ease and grace.
Length Overall: 47’0"
Waterline Length: 33’0"
Designer: Bill Luders
Hull material: Fibreglass
Build date: 1974
Model year: 1975
Ballast: 10,000lbs lead
Sail area: 1,000ft2
It pains us to put her up for sale, but my partner and I both work full time from the boat and the layout of the boat, with its spacious main cabin, leaves one person to work in a pretty tight quarter. Otherwise, she is absolutely perfect for weekenders and liveaboards alike.
So if you are looking for a head-turner yacht with no projects, 'Revelia' is it.
Main cabin, looking aft
Refits & Major Upgrades
- Deck refit - Decks entirely redone, leveled (retrofit from previous teak decks) and repainted with Awlgrip;
- Hull - Repainted with industrial grade marine polyurethane;
- Bottom - Bottom sandblasted, painted with a layer of epoxy (not epoxy barrier, actual epoxy) and painted with 3 coats of antifouling 41% copper barrier coat;
- Wood refit - All deck teak and masts sanded down, coated with 3 epoxy coats and 7 coats of varnish (4 spray & 3 hand applied);
- Anchor - Anchor chain regalvanized (200ft of 3/8 chain) & new 65lbs Mantus installed;
- Davits & solar arch - Custom designed arch can accommodate 1000w of solar panel, dinghy with motor mount, swing BBQ prep table, wind generator vibration dampening mount & starlink mount (designed to not shade panels);
- Sail & dodger covers - Custom high quality sunbrella made sail covers & splash hood;
- Cockpit grills - New teak cockpit grills made & installed.
- Chain plate refit - Old plates removed and replaced with new plates, double thickness;
- Upholstery refit - New upholstery custom made and installed;
- Standing rigging - All standing rigging removed and replaced with new;
- Running rigging - All running rigging removed and replaced with new.
- Sails - New fully battened double reef Kappa main, code zero Kappa genoa (profurl, furling head sail), fully battened single reef Kappa mizzen;
- Refrigerator - Seafrost air cooled new unit installed;
- Thru-Hulls refit - All thru-hulls and brass ball valve installed.
- Electrical refit - Old system gutted and replaced with Deep Seas DC and AC system;
- Plumbing refit - Old system removed and replaced with new pex system (original classic shower plumbing styles kept in heads), modern faucet system installed in galley in 2021;
- Shaft packing - New dripless shaft packing installed;
- Keel ultrasound inspection - Keel and keel bolt inspected using ultrasound technology, report shows no repairs needed. Full report available.
- Engine refit - New Yanmar 4GH5E installed (now approx 1000h, serviced regularly).
Main cabin, looking forward
- Raymarine Axiom+ 9" chartplotter [helm];
- Raymarine P70 sail instrument (2) [cockpit];
- Raymarine 4k HD radar gimballed mounted [mizzen mast];
- Raymarine E95 plotter & P70 sail instrument [nav station];
- Richie compass (2021) [helm];
- Hydrovane ocean series [stern, doesn't interfere with arch].
The navigation station is at the foot of the companionway on the starboard side
- Fully battened double reef Kappa main (2019);
- Profurl, furling head code zero Kappa genoa sail (2019);
- Fully battened single reef Kappa mizzen (2019);
- Retractable lazy jack system on main (2022).
The double berth, forward
Energy Generation & Storing
- 2 X 400w panels (2022) [top of arch] & 2 X 100w panels (2021) [side of arch, ajustable wings for sun angle];
- Silent wind 400w+ wind generator [starboard, arch];
- 600ah LiFePo4 lithium batteries (2023) [under port salon settee];
- Simarine battery & tanks monioring system with 500A shunt, temperature & tank monitors + NMEA 2000 integration to Raymarine instrument system (2021) [nav station];
- Silent wind 1000w hybrid wind charge controller;
- Victron 100-50 charge controller;
- Renogy 60amp DC-DC charge controller;
- Xantrex Prosine 1800w inverter.
Electrical control panel
Water Generation, System & Storage
- 2X 75 gallon water tanks;
- Spectra Capehorn Xtreme 15gph watermaker;
- Spare Katadyn PowerSurvivor 40E 5gph watermaker;
- Seaflow 5.5gpm pressure pump (2023) The system has an accumulator tank also, so water pressure is good.
Her sweet lines continue below the waterline
Refrigeration & Cooking
- 16 cubic inches top loading refrigerator;
- Seafrost air cooled compressor (2019);
- Force 10 three burner stove with oven;
The galley is at the foot of the companionway on the port side
Audio & Lighting
- Boss audio system with cockpit speakers - 2022;
- White and red LED spreader lights.
A cosy dinette in the saloon
- 2 heads with shower system;
- 2 Jabsco toilets (one manual pumping toilet and one automatic);
- Y valve system, 20 gallon black tank.
- 6 gallon engine heat exhanger water heater;
We have parts for just about everything on board. We duly maintain and serviced all systems in the boat regularly.
We have lived aboard for the past 2 years and both worked our full-time jobs while mainly staying on anchor, generating our own power and water with renewable energy sources.
'Revelia' is ready to move in, unpack & sail through the Carribean and beyond.
Asking Price & Contacting the Owner...
I'm asking $154,900 for 'Revelia', my Cheoy Lee 47.
If you'd like more information or would like to be 'Revelia's new owner please contact me, Siavosh Dana, here...
We are in Puerto Rico right now (November '23) and will be here for the next couple of weeks before setting off for St Martin and then south to Grenada.
Nov 29, 23 08:35 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!
Nov 10, 23 02:34 AM
My 47' Cheoy Lee sailboat is for sale. Designed by Bill Luders, she is a beautiful and functional liveaboard cruising yacht.
Oct 30, 23 04:22 PM
This article explores the journey of chartering a sailing yacht, from the initial planning stages to the final touches. It provides insight into the joys and challenges of embarking on a voyage of dis…